don't understand why ....

BIKER

.060 Over
to day before the big game ..I thought that I would put on my new driving lites that I got this past week..I read over the fitting instruction and start to do the install..

Now here is what I don't get... I go from useing a socket ..to a allen head to a socket to a torx bit?????why so many diffrent tools to remove the parts ..

Ed:mad:

And to justify (ensure??) high worshop costs.
I find it especially intriguing that there are different sized hex bolts holding the mirrors and from memory one is metric and the other not. Go figure. :confused:

Its the odd sizes that bug me......13mm? You look at the bolt, figure its a 12, get down on the ground and try it but no, 12 is too small. So you get back up and get the 14, and get back on the ground and try it.....but no its too big....WTF? Several months go by and you forget about it, and do the same thing all over again.

Is there really any reason to use 13mm except to get some sadistic pleasure out of frustrating home mechanics? No other metric bike I have owned has had the odd sizes the triumph has.

Its the odd sizes that bug me......13mm? You look at the bolt, figure its a 12, get down on the ground and try it but no, 12 is too small. So you get back up and get the 14, and get back on the ground and try it.....but no its too big....WTF? Several months go by and you forget about it, and do the same thing all over again.

Is there really any reason to use 13mm except to get some sadistic pleasure out of frustrating home mechanics? No other metric bike I have owned has had the odd sizes the triumph has.

Sometimes they do it because if you are tightening a bolt you use a 12mm for the bolt and 13mm for the nut, this means you don't need two 12mm spanners.

Back