Does the 2011 R3 Touring (ABS) come with a bunch of accessories like on the 2010?

Humbucker

Standard Bore
The 2010 R3 Touring that I was looking at yesterday was in solid black, and comes with a lot of extras that would amount to a pile of money if one was to buy it from their catalog.

The biggest knock against this bike is that since it's not a 2011, it doesn't have ABS, apparently the 2011s have ABS standard, that's pretty nice.

Here's the write-up on this bike BTW:
"New for 2010, Triumph has liberally applied items from its official accessories catalog to create a machine with even greater touring capability. Fog lamps, long haul seat, adjustable backrest, luggage rack and sissybar, dresser bars, highway pegs, and additional trim on hard bags and headlights'''

The price on this 2010 here is $18,699.00 Canadian ($18,680.41 USD) + another $200.00 for "administration fees" and $800.00 for freight & PDI, so you're up to almost $20,000.00 + 13% sales tax, for a grand total of $22,260.00 Canadian ($22,254.01 USD).

Not exactly cheap but then I just spotted another 2010 R3 Touring in another province nearby for the exact same price but they eat the tax as long as you buy before Dec.24th. That's quite a savings! $2,562.00 Canadian to be exact, if my math is correct. It would be $19,700.00 out the door.

I'm wondering if the new 2011s with the ABS as standard, will come with the fog lamps, long haul seat, adjustable backrest, luggage rack and sissybar, dresser bars, highway pegs, and additional trim on hard bags and headlights too?

I saw a picture of the 2011 with the ABS and it only has a windshield and passenger floorboards, nothing else. If the 2011 with ABS has all of the extra stuff such as what's on the 2010, I'd pass on these left-over 2010s and wait for the new ones with ABS.

So, does the 2011 Rocket III Touring (with standard ABS) also come with fog lamps, long haul seat, adjustable backrest, luggage rack and sissybar, dresser bars, highway pegs, and additional trim on hard bags and headlights like on the 2010s?
:confused:

Hmm, I just remember reading on another forum that the Roadster would have ABS but not the Touring, can't really verify that.

I'll check my sources but the 2011 R3T is supposed to come standard with ABS and also with the $2,000+ dollars worth of additional accessories. Now in Canada maybe something else is going on but stateside that is how it is supposed to be.

On Tuesday I'll call my dealer and ask to confirm. Even the review in American Bagger posted earlier on this site said the accessories were part of the price at $17,299 (two tone), $16,999 for the solid color.

Dennis

37 dtg Dubai
38 dtg London

135 dtg Dubai
136 dtg Home (Triumphs buying time)

Buying a bike

Humbucker, you are far better off going down to the states and picking up your bike.
I am in Ontario and will be picking up my new 2011 rocket in New York state.
The Roadster I am getting is 13,900 and 14,700 out the door.
Its listed in Canada at 16,900 + freight + taxes + +.
The R3T is 18,999 + frieght + taxes
With our dollar the way it is now and after paying duty you will still be way ahead to buy in US.

price listings

A funny thing I noticed as well is that all the USA Triumph dealers show the prices for the bikes on their websites, but the Canadian ones do not.
They are saying you have to "request a quote"
I find that to be a bit fishy and will be buying mine in the US.
Sorry if this is off topic, but just want to be helpful.

Yeah, we have a hard time getting a deal in Canada.

I know that you can't buy a new Harley in the States because Deeley Harley-Davidson has a monopoly on anything that gets in here, the Deeley tax so to speak.

What about Triumph? Can you waltz over there to the States and bring back a new Triumph across the border or do you have to locate a "demo" bike?

A bike from USA

You do not need to locate a demo, you can get a new one.
Just find the nearest Triumph dealer across the border from you. Go to Google for that.
I dont know where you are in Canada but I am about 150 KMS from the border.
Take a nice saturday drive down and put a deposit on the bike you want.
The new shipment for the 2011 bikes for most US dealers will be end of Feb beginning of March.( so he said)
My dealer said he will take care of the paperwork involving customs.
You will have to still pay the HST but its HST payable on $16999 not $18999 ( for a R3T).
You will be still ahead about $2000 more or less.
Warranty and service is covered by any Triumph Dealer in North America.

You can wait for Molinoman, and also send your letters via the pony express, or you could simply ask someone (like me) that already knows. :p

The 2011s come standard with the extra goodies, just like before, but no ABS. If you can hold out until 2012, you might have the option of going with a full bagger version. Triumph, according to our local dealer, has been approaching vendors (even had a couple at a dealer conference) and inquiring about fairings and tour packs.

Caveat - The above is for U.S. sales. I don't know what the crazy Canadians are doing.

Daryl, I hope you are wrong but I will wait to talk to Julie on Tuesday. The word out was 2010...ABS optional, 2011...ABS standard.

If you look at all the specs on the Thunderbird and the Rocket you will find that ABS in any version is not listed. Even the Thunderbird I am ordering comes with ABS (1700 Phantom Red Haze T-bird) but you will not find it listed in the specs.

Dennis

37 dtg Dubai
38 dtg London

135 dtg Dubai
136 dtg Home (Triumph buying time)

Back