Does Anyone in the UK Know This Bike?

There's another chap somewhere on the big island with a supercharged R3 but he's got Waaaaaaaaaay more than 8200 miles on his....and he likes it so well, I doubt he'd sell it. He originally bought it at Jack Lilley's Triumph

Looked at this before I bought my R3R, very clean and presentable in the photos but when I contacted them they were not prepared to allow a test ride or even start it in the showroom if I turned up, (wasn't being sold by these guys at the time).

I only walked away because it will have the same problems as all early R3's e.g. ignition switch/headlight etc. but multiply that with clutch and transmission issues and for once my head ruled my heart.

Regarding the clutch, TTS (whom I presume have done the conversion) offered a clutch upgrade as part of their installation so if that was taken it might not be an issue.

Still, hell of a beast!

I'm just glad I opted for a Roadster - My ankle would never articulate enough to use the rear brake if that pedal position is normal! (actually, thinking about it I don't use the rear brake much anyway, just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks!)

Back