Does anyone have the Triumph upgrade exhaust?

Brian Mean Maydwelll

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 R
I bought a 2014 r3r it has the upgrade exhaust, but back fires when I let our of the throttle. Any info would be great.

If it is the TORS exhaust your local dealer should have a drop-in tune for it(loaded directly from their laptap to your ECU). It can be done in 3-5 minutes or less and should be no charge! Sounds like your mixture is too rich.

G'day Brian.... You must have missed the "Introduce Yourself" section :banghead:

Brian,
You made it to the correct thread, just failed to say hello! :p:D
Welcome from WA!
Where you from and how do you like your new Roadster?

Brian,
You made it to the correct thread, just failed to say hello! :p:D
Welcome from WA!
Where you from and how do you like your new Roadster?
I live in manassas va.
It is of course sick! I am in the car biz, and ride year around.
I am very much into being on 2's and that culture.
Anyone in the va area hit me up im down for a ride!

Translation: He lives in a crowded area but outside of town it has nice country roads for riding. He dresses like a gigolo and sell used cars. He likes riding motorcycles and dressing the part maybe a little bar hopping too. He is looking for some riding buddies.

How did I do Brian ? :rolleyes:

BTW: Welcome from Idaho.
To answer your OP. You need to upgrade your tune with the free TuneECU or get a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus to smooth out your fuel delivery, increase power and fuel economy.

... but, if it's a TORS exhaust, like I assumed, you shouldn't have to "upgrade" your exhaust. Simply go to your dealer and have them drop in the correct factory tune for now. I don't know about today, but 3-4 years ago there were two tunes they (dealerships) had for non-Touring models with the TORS setup. If you currently have one of those tunes and your motor and filters are otherwise stock, try the other tune, if it is still available. Otherwise, go the TuneBoy, or even the Dobeck route if you don't mind spending the coin to correct a problem that shouldn't exist to start with or the TuneECU way which costs only the price of a computer cable.

As for hooking up with fellow R3 Captains, I'd recommend that you reach out to Boog. He lives only 10-15 or so miles from you down in Dumfries and he's not only a very practiced, proficient rider, he's also very good people! He knows a bunch of the other R3 riders in your region, too.

Last edited:
Back