Dobeck Auto Tuners

grampi

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
Many of you know, many may not, that my R3R has had a dead spot in the throttle since I've owned it. I'm sure the problem could be eliminated with a different tune, but I have no knowledge of tuneECU, nor do I have the desire or the time to learn. My extent of using tuneECU was loading in a couple of different tunes (which is how I know the problem lies in the tuning). There is also no one (that I have found anyway) who knows R3 tuning anywhere near my area. Because of these reasons, I have decided to go with an auto tuner to cure the problem.

The Dobeck AFR Plus Gen 4 was recommended to me by Idaho Red Rocket 3, he also started a thread with a nice review on the unit a while back. I went to their website to read up on it and I saw that they have two other models...a Gen 3 and a Gen 2...both are less expensive than the Gen 4, so I'm assuming they are models with fewer bells and whistles. I'm wondering if one of these less expensive models will get rid of my dead spot. If so, I don't see the need to spend the extra $$$ on the Gen 4...however, the reason I'm posting this here is because I know nothing about any of these units. All I know is I've read good things about Dobeck and that they make good products. I'm hoping some of you know more about these units and can fill me in....thanks.

The more I read about these tuners, the less I think they are actually AUTO tuners...at least not the type of auto tuner I'm thinking of. It sounds to me like all of the adjustments on the Dobeck tuners are made manually by the user. The type I'm thinking of are the ones are like the Cobra FI2000 Power Pro...this unit constantly, continuously, and instantly adjusts AFRs AUTOMATICALLY while the bike is being ridden (unfortunately, Cobra doesn't make one for the R3). It doesn't sound like to me the Dobecks operate in this manner at all...

I previously had a.Cobra fi2000 on my Marauder. The Cobra can only add fuel, not subtract it. It is not an auto tune unit and must be adjust using the potentiometers in the unit.

I recently switched out to a Dobek 3.5 on the same bike. And though it is not a true auto tune it is a far better option than the Cobra. The unit offers considerably more adjustment on fuel flow and the ability to remove fuel as well as add it in all areas.

If your going to invest in a fuel processor and dont want to get into the need for tuning via a PC as in the Power Command III, or V, the Dobek units are the way to go and can be tuned on the fly.

I previously had a.Cobra fi2000 on my Marauder. The Cobra can only add fuel, not subtract it. It is not an auto tune unit and must be adjust using the potentiometers in the unit.

I recently switched out to a Dobek 3.5 on the same bike. And though it is not a true auto tune it is a far better option than the Cobra. The unit offers considerably more adjustment on fuel flow and the ability to remove fuel as well as add it in all areas.

If your going to invest in a fuel processor and dont want to get into the need for tuning via a PC as in the Power Command III, or V, the Dobek units are the way to go and can be tuned on the fly.

You had the one I had, with the 3 pots you had to manually adjust...it's not the same as the Power Pro...it's fully automated and it adjusts continually while you ride...

You had the one I had, with the 3 pots you had to manually adjust...it's not the same as the Power Pro...it's fully automated and it adjusts continually while you ride...

Yep, and I prefer the Dobek. Does the power pro remove fuel?

The Dobeck AFR Plus is the way to go. Gage to read AFR in real time. Easy access to the adjusters and you can set the AFR number you want anytime.

Back