Do I need a Power Commander/ Tuneboy with Jardine Exhausts?

Bandy

Standard Bore
G'Day. I recently put a full Jardine exhaust system on my 06, RT 111 and have been advised by the Triumph distributors, and dealership that I bought it from, that just retuning to the new system is all that is required and I don't need an after market gizmo to alter the fuel mapping! Just wondering what others out there who have put the Jardines on think about that?
By the way, they sound great! Thanks, Bandy.

Well. . . . yes and no. Will Triumph reset (and I mean RAISE) your rev limiter? Will Triumph restore the 7% of power in first gears? And do you want to pay Triumph for a new tune again if and when you change your intake? TuneBoy will do these things for you .

I've been told that the Triumph doesn't have the capability to retune your ecu to get enough fuel to handle the Jardines. I went with the PowerCommander so I could adjust the air/fuel ratio every 5% of throttle. I assume you can do the same with TuneBoy. If I hadn't been afraid having to learn Tuneboy Technology, I would have gone with that. There's so many other things it can do for you.

I would definitely invest in TUNE BOY!

Jardines won't give you the best performance without dialing it in . . . besides . . . you'll get tired of that lean popping on decelleration pretty quickly.

:oops:

Back