Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.46.28 AM.png

Here's an update on The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Our team (R3owners) has raised $475 of our $3,000 goal.

Click below to ride and/or donate. This cause helps to raise awareness for prostate cancer and men's mental health.

Link Removed
DGR/R3Owners team

The posts in the older thread are not updating on the homepage, so I created a new post.

Last edited:
Today is the worldwide DGR. Please consider donating and/or riding in this event.
I'll be on my 1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport in my finest dapper attire. Maybe next year I'll sport a handlebar mustache, as well.

Link Removed
DGR/R3Owners team

Click above to donate

blakeTBS copy.jpg DGR.jpg
Nice looking thunderbird sport I could get caight riding that for sure.
Oh and I like how your attire matchs the sport.

I'm liking that Steib car on the America. How does it handle?

So just what are the style guidelines?

What a great event. There was a guy who, turns out, lives fairly close to me on a 2018 Roadster that I'd never seen before. I might show up next year on mine if my wife will come. We had a Ferrari as our lead car and beer at the end- what more could you want?

I'm liking that Steib car on the America. How does it handle?

So just what are the style guidelines?

It's a Watsonian, so the mounts are model-specific that makes it very steady compared to some other aftermarket sidecars, but it does have very heavy steering at low speeds.

The DGR has their STYLE GUIDE posted, but there's always a few people on modern bikes in normal riding gear who insist that just because they refuse to follow the rules, excluding them would be "elitist" and make a big scene until they're allowed to go along.

Unfortunately, we got about 2 feet of snow today so no riding for us. We're going to try to have our ride next week.

Watsonian? I've seen a number of them but they were different. I almost bought one from a guy up north of me. I decided not to purchase it because it was a bike specific mount and found that it would be a bit of an ordeal to modify it.

Steib was still being imported a couple of years ago but I believe were classified as replicas. I believe it was Blue Moon Cycle that was selling them but a quick check of their website suggests they no longer do so.

On the forks, the guy who used to used to fabricate triple trees for DMC Sidecar to lighten the steering no longer does so. I have leading legs on mine, which works, but moving the forks tubes forward to change the trail is the best way to do it.

Back