Discontinuing models - What's going on?

grampi

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
I saw the threads in here the other day about the possibility that Triumph is planning to stop production of the R3, and now I see Yamaha is planning to drop the Vmax, and Suzuki is planning to drop the M109R. WTH is going on? Is this a conspiracy to get everyone to buy Harleys?

I saw the threads in here the other day about the possibility that Triumph is planning to stop production of the R3, and now I see Yamaha is planning to drop the Vmax, and Suzuki is planning to drop the M109R. WTH is going on? Is this a conspiracy to get everyone to buy Harleys?

No conspiracy my good man these bikes are not big sellers if Triumph,Suzuki and Yamaha want to make money they have to sell a product that actually sells in big numbers as I have said before I am surprised the Rocket line lasted as long as it has.

WHERE did you see this ?

No conspiracy my good man these bikes are not big sellers if Triumph,Suzuki and Yamaha want to make money they have to sell a product that actually sells in big numbers as I have said before I am surprised the Rocket line lasted as long as it has.
These bikes are niche bikes, always have been, always will be, and will never be sellers in big numbers like the cookie cutter bikes (such as Harley baggers)...why now all of a sudden do people have to be waiting in line to buy them? Doesn't make any sense...

I heard about the Vmax from a friend who owns one, and I heard about the 109 on their site...
They build a helluva machine but miss the mark, 2 gallon tank on a 160hp machine will not take you very far, that is the only reason i didnt buy one, im sure a lot of potential customers had the same tought

They build a helluva machine but miss the mark, 2 gallon tank on a 160hp machine will not take you very far, that is the only reason i didnt buy one, im sure a lot of potential customers had the same tought

Agreed Sir...
My son purchased one and got rid of it the same year...no range.

Back