Disable F-L switch

rash_powder

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I am getting back into my Rocket after being out for several years and am looking to get my PCV-AT back into running order.

For quite some time i have been running a zero map in the PCV-AT and Power-Tripp's free R3T tune in the ECU.

I have read that the F-L table switch should be disabled. Do I simply go into the F-L Switch table and set them all to zero? Is there a better set of numbers?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I am getting back into my Rocket after being out for several years and am looking to get my PCV-AT back into running order.

For quite some time i have been running a zero map in the PCV-AT and Power-Tripp's free R3T tune in the ECU.

I have read that the F-L table switch should be disabled. Do I simply go into the F-L Switch table and set them all to zero? Is there a better set of numbers?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hi Matt

In regard to the PCV-AT zero map you should run the bike for a while then log in with your computer and accept the trims, from stock they are set up to +/-20% once you have done this once drop the trims to +/-10% ride for a while and then accept again, then drop to +/-5% and don't mess with it otherwise if you keep on accepting trims it leans out down low. If your OK fiddling with the PCV and computer I think you can disable AT adjustments below a certain rev range to prevent this but the above works pretty well. The "leanout" issue is caused by the non adjustable, non accessible "fuel shot" your ECU squirts down your intake when you rap the throttle on, like a pumper on a carb.

I have played around with the F/L tables and you can leave them how they are unless you really want to tinker. Remembering here that its not actually a "switch" but a transition, I adjusted mine as below but play around and see what suits your riding, on F Table its mapping off TPS and RPM, on L its running on TPS and manifold vacuum.

upload_2018-5-16_17-59-43.png

It was previously like below.
upload_2018-5-16_18-3-41.png

Think stock looked like this
upload_2018-5-16_18-4-31.png

Hope this is some help

I have always wondered about the FL switch. Different tunes that I have received from Hanso and others.... the FL switch numbers was always different from one another.

Never could really tell a difference while riding the bike.

Back