DIP Switch bad?

EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
Sorry, I could find any threads on this.
I have Chi-com knock off LED head lamps on my 05. no problems since installed in Feb. they are so good I just leave them on Low beam. In a rainstorm the other day I was at a stop behind a truck & flipped em on Hi beam to see if that helped but all they did was go out leaving only the little parking lights on. So I thought the chi-com's had sh!t out on me. But when I got home I checked them by flipping the DIP switch from hi to low a few times & sometimes the hi's would come on, sometimes not. They thing that has me thinking it's got to be the switch & not the lamps is they come on, or not, at the same time as each other. Not independently of each other. Is that correct???? :confused:

Sounds correct to me.

I had that problem several years ago so I made a temporary repair, which worked so became permanent.

I got a small black box and an on/off.on switch from RadioShack. I mounted the switch in the black box, wired the hi and low beams to the "on" positions, and attached the box to the handlebars so that the switch is where the OEM hi/Lo switch is using a small eye-bolt and a cable tie. It has worked brilliantly and also has the added the ability to turn the lights off.

Do they just plug in or did you have to wire them? If you had to wire them I'd think it's the high beam connector. But that's just coming from me that who is not an electrician. @DEcosse !!!!

images

Thanks for the input idk & Norm..... Ok, I AM AN ELECTRICITYMAN GOO-ROO! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Popped off the switch plate housing................. Sugar Ants! Not many, just a few - Blew em out with the air nozzle :thumbsup:
Hi beam, good! Just like them b@stards get into your A/C unit of your house & fry the electrics!!!!!!! At least I got to em before they totally invaded & fried the switch! Ants? not like it's been sitting still for days (just 3) - Well, we have had tons of rain so that gets em goin.......................... ANY WAY :banghead:
Like the saying goes: Start with the most simple solution first!

Would gooping dielectric grease on the connections help too? I was thinking about squirting some into the clutch switch when I do my bars. Maybe I'll cover the light switch connections too.

Back