Digital Fuel Gauge Accuracy?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Folks,

Just about to fill up my bike for the first time.. mileage wasn't that great on the first tank, but I suspect thats because its old gas (5 months old -- maybe more) with some stabilizer in it.. The fuel gauge looks like it has many ticks on it, it moved pretty fast.. The countdown timer went from "Time to fuel up -- 25km" to 0 and the bike was still running.

Is the indicator conservative or how would you describe the accuracy of the gauge? I got about 220km or so on my first tank right now.

I have filled up 5 times now since I bought mine and every time it shows 0 miles left I would find a station. I have never put more than 5.2g in and that was after I did about 15miles on it stating 0miles left. Which makes me believe that I have right around 1g left when it says 0miles...

I have filled up 5 times now since I bought mine and every time it shows 0 miles left I would find a station. I have never put more than 5.2g in and that was after I did about 15miles on it stating 0miles left. Which makes me believe that I have right around 1g left when it says 0miles...

Just need to change that so I can understand what your saying..
I have filled up 5 times now since I bought mine and every time it shows 0 kms left I would find a station. I have never put more than 19 litres in and that was after I did about 24.1 kms on it stating 0km left. Which makes me believe that I have right around 3.7litres left when it says 0kms

Ah, that makes sense! Much better now. wish the whole world used metric lol

It is 17 miles one way to my job, yesterday my gauge said I had 18 miles to go, perfect right?

About two or three miles into my ride home my miles to go dropped to 0 :eek:

That's the first time it's done that, it's always been spot on.

Needless to say I got off at the next exit and filled up......;)

It is 17 miles one way to my job, yesterday my gauge said I had 18 miles to go, perfect right?

About two or three miles into my ride home my miles to go dropped to 0 :eek:

That's the first time it's done that, it's always been spot on.

Needless to say I got off at the next exit and filled up......;)
How much did you put in.

How much did you put in.

Didn't notice,

but I did notice something else a little strange. Normally when I fill up my miles to go ( while riding on freeway) is around 188 to 195 miles, yesterday my miles to go went up to 215 which is also a first. What kind of numbers are you seeing when you fill up?

I'm getting close to the bottom of my first tank too. I'm at 112m (180km) and it's saying I've got 65m (102km) left. Refuel light still hasn't come on, but when I got it from the dealer it came on around 50m...I'm hoping that my next tank is much better, I'm having a heck of a time feeling out the gearing. I find myself frequently looking down to find myself doing close to 50 mph in 3rd. :unsure:

I believe the "range" indicated when the gauge resets after a fill up is based on your fuel usage prior to that fill up.

If I've been doing less "in town/stop and go" riding prior to the fill up; the range will be significantly higher than otherwise.

Back