cane corso

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Triumph rocket 111
I see when some of you guys have went to the dark side and put a car tire on I like the look with the tire a little wider looks good on the big bike,
I know the Suzuki 109 comes in a 250 tire and you can get some nice custom rims, would it fit the Rocket? Or even the Victory has a 250 as well.
As any one tryied it? Or there is no way it would fit?If they do it would give me a lot of choices for some nice rims and that extra wide look.

If there were rims in different sizes that would fit the R3 it would be a much more popular subject than it is. Mainly due to the limited tires available and the high cost of what does fit. If Triumph had changed the diameter one inch either way, there would be a ton more choices available for alot less money. They have us over a barrel and they know it. :mad:

tires and rimes

I just thought the Suzuki 109 was shaft driven as well? And say the rims is one inch smaller or taller it would just make the Rocket one inch smaller or one inch taller:confused:
There was a Rocket that was done custom and he converted it to a chain and he was able to but a 300 tire on it with some nice rims.
So if it could be changed to a chain then we could go with any rims and tires?
How hard would it be to change to a chain? Could you buy a kit to do so?
I wounder how much that would cost?

When I had a Honda VTX 1800 there was a kit that you can buy to change it to a chain I was going to do it but fell in love with the Rocket, so I know it was done for the Rocket but was the parts made only for that custom Rocket or is this easly done?
They said when the Honda was changed to a chain it had more torque if so it could give the Rocket even more torque and would be able to get any size tire and rims;)
Would a heavy duty chain hold up with all that torque?

I just thought the Suzuki 109 was shaft driven as well? And say the rims is one inch smaller or taller it would just make the Rocket one inch smaller or one inch taller:confused:
There was a Rocket that was done custom and he converted it to a chain and he was able to but a 300 tire on it with some nice rims.
So if it could be changed to a chain then we could go with any rims and tires?
How hard would it be to change to a chain? Could you buy a kit to do so?
I wounder how much that would cost?

When I had a Honda VTX 1800 there was a kit that you can buy to change it to a chain I was going to do it but fell in love with the Rocket, so I know it was done for the Rocket but was the parts made only for that custom Rocket or is this easly done?
They said when the Honda was changed to a chain it had more torque if so it could give the Rocket even more torque and would be able to get any size tire and rims;)
Would a heavy duty chain hold up with all that torque?

in my humble opinion you will find about as many people wanting this mod as fingers on one hand for various reason the first will be money big time, the second the shaft is clean the chain not so clean and the third still more money because I do not think any business is going to spend mucho dinero for research and sell to a very few customers ..how many rockets 3 out there then take maybe 1% of that that not a lot.
bottom line I would be urprised to see this kit coming to market any time soon IMHO.
sorry to burst your bubble.

Yep, the only real alternative to sticking with the expensive fast wearing, poor wet handling, junk-ass Metzlers Triumph "sold their soul to the devil" when choosing diameters is to "Join the Dark Side Luke'.
The bikes weight, torque and poor inherent handling makes it the perfect bike to run car tires rather than traditional rounded bike tread. Hell, I love the head shaking, rolling eyes and "that won't work, you'll be sorry" comments. I bought the bike because it was the "Anti-Davidson" and anything that pisses them off about the bike just tickles me even more. :p When a self proclaimed "know's everything about everything" loud-mouth makes a point to volunteer unsolicited commentary on how something I've done won't work and then spends the rest of the day trying to catch up, allows me lots of time to laugh and drink while I wait. :cool:
I still have the car tire leaning against the wall in the garage waiting for the Metz to die so I haven't even heard the "car tire comments" yet, so far it's just been digs on performance stuff like the GiPro and tuning. I had the opportunity to try a dark-side R3 and liked finally being able to trust a tire on damp pavement, I'm trying to speed along the demise of the metzler so the F1 can go on the bike sooner. I've made comments to friends about what was going on in place of the Metzler and caught alot of grief, can't wait to show up with the Eagle installed so I can hear even more heckling. LOL

albertaduke, yes you bursted my bubble
But I tell you that I would pay to have a chain put on with a nice chrome chain gaurd just to be able to get some really nice rims and have a 250 tire on, I guess I'm the 1%:)
Hellfire, the car tire does look nice on the Rocket but I'm only a little guy and I herd with a car tire you need to really lean hard to turn sharp and I also herd if you turn to sharp your go down, I think to have a car tire on my skills on on bike not that good and I would most likley kill my self if I fall going around a cornner I could just blame my self , but if I had a car tire on I would blame it on the tire:)
When you get the tire on let me know how you like it.

Cane,
I can't speak for HellFire,
but I can tell you what i think about a car tire.
I'll NEVER go back to that shi**y metz.
1/3 the cost.
3 times the mileage (at least).
Better traction on wet AND dry surfaces.
Better bite.
To top it off, it looks dang good too.

You find the sweet spot and you have NO trouble wearing the sides down without effort.
It's just the way to go IMHO.

Skipper,

I hear you aren't going to make the salvo?

Just went down from a 245 to a 235. All the difference in the world. I like it much better. Not nearly as much counter steer.

Hellfire, the car tire does look nice on the Rocket but I'm only a little guy and I herd with a car tire you need to really lean hard to turn sharp and I also herd if you turn to sharp your go down, I think to have a car tire on my skills on on bike not that good and I would most likley kill my self if I fall going around a cornner I could just blame my self , but if I had a car tire on I would blame it on the tire:)

Where in the world did you hear that sh$t? Obviously from some dumbass that's never run one. Geez...the level of stupidity that some "experts" profess...:mad:

Back