barbagris

Mad Scientist
Ride
1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
They look expensive !!!! ... a reasonably priced 200 for the back of the Rocket be a seller . Not a big seller , but a seller i'd reckon.

there is a mob in Melbourne that'll make various rims of whatever width for our bikes. about 5-6k for a pair.

We now have an alternative to BST Carbon.

Just received this mail from Steve Taylor at taylor made wheels in the UK Taylor-Made Wheels - Custom Engineering, Big Wheels for Bikes

Quote:Hi Chris, we are making wheels for a Rocket 111 at present, swing arm too, 300 rear, 160 front. Steve.

I've asked about slimmer and different diameters.

I think they are going to run into problems with a wider swing arm. This is because of the pitch cone angle of the bevel gears. If they angle the drive shaft which only has a U-joint on one end they will change the angle of the bevel box which means the axle will not line up on the other side. This is also why a R3T bevel box will not work on a Standard Rocket as the R3T has a 90 degree pitch cone angle (bevel Box) and the does not.

If they angle the drive shaft which only has a U-joint on one end they will change the angle of the bevel box which means the axle will not line up on the other side.
Most Guzzi guys in the B(attle)O(f the)T(wins) series just add another U-joint at the other end of the shaft

Most Guzzi guys in the B(attle)O(f the)T(wins) series just add another U-joint at the other end of the shaft

Good point but in the case of the rocket are you going to stretch the bike? Enlarge and then shrink the axel tube so the differential still bolts to it or shorten and respline the drive shaft. Not that it can't be done and stretching it will help at the drag strip but hurt in the twisties. Of course Les and his Nephew Rockt Rob has proven many things can be done with the Rocket the question is how much money do you want to spend? Of course the bike would look great with a 300 fast arse tire on it but it would loose power and most likely its agility in the twisties. You would be better off spending you money on Horse Power IMO.

plenty can be done to get it looking nice without an impractical fat arse. i agree with you two lunatics. pump the money into performance and handling. once you got it where you want then get her looking prettier.

im thinking of a stretched fat arse version as my next project but she'd have to running over 400 rwhp before i stretch her. could be a bit of fun for ??????? dunno.

back to the wheels though... the fellas working on my girl stretch and widen lots of things. have a look at Rizoma, Roaring Toyz, RC Components, Performance Machine, custom motorcycle bike paint and streetfighter builds with accessories Melbourne Victoria Australia
they do some nice stuff. These guys can get you anything for your r3, only limit is your imagination and your wallet.

ive ridden a 540bhp busa, stretched and running a 350 wide arse. too smokey for my liking. the poofs in blue suits fancy riders like this too much:D

Back