Difference/s between TFC, R and GT

Larry_M

Supercharged
Ride
2019 Triumph 1200 Scrambler XC, 2020 Rocket 3 R
Does anyone *know* exactly what separates the TFC from the R/GT engine and power-wise? Besides the exhaust.
IMO the difference in power would not be too hard to accomplish "electronically", but some say the internals differ mechanically. No one seems to actually know though?

Same wee engine, GT has more forward controls than the R(I could be wrong) the Triumph Factory Custom(TFC) has a special paint job for special people and titanium valves but they put them inside the engine so how do you know they are titanium?????????

Titanium valves, exhaust and tune are different in the TCF. The Triumph quick shift comes stock on the TFC. Cosmetically there are quite a few differences. You either like the differences and think it’s worth it or you don’t.

Yeah, well i can see the obvious differences.. :) My question spawned from a discussion elsewhere, where someone posted a dyno run comparison where the difference was around 6-7 BHP between the TFC and R. Hence my question whether there's anything really different engine-wise besides the exhaust system. Such a small difference in performance could IMO easily be accomplished with another map (and the exhaust)

Yeah, well i can see the obvious differences.. :) My question spawned from a discussion elsewhere, where someone posted a dyno run comparison where the difference was around 6-7 BHP between the TFC and R. Hence my question whether there's anything really different engine-wise besides the exhaust system. Such a small difference in performance could IMO easily be accomplished with another map (and the exhaust)
You might be right but at this time others pipes and tunes are not available. The power gain is not huge but more of a little something extra to add to the appeal of the factory custom. The rest is cosmetic. Some people just like to have the limited run and the exclusivity. You won’t see to many others out and about when you are on the road.

You might be right but at this time others pipes and tunes are not available. The power gain is not huge but more of a little something extra to add to the appeal of the factory custom. The rest is cosmetic. Some people just like to have the limited run and the exclusivity. You won’t see to many others out and about when you are on the road.
Yeah i totally get the TFC thing and i do get people wanting one. I was just curious as to what the difference/s are in the engine since they claim more Hp/torque and dyno runs suggest there's not very much difference, thats all.

Back