Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
I just finished limping home with my shifter popping out of gear. I had a broken detent spring about 40,000 miles ago. Same exact series of events. I just hope for a better solution from the Triumph dealer on the repair. The old dealer quoted $500. Final charge was close to a Grand. Thanks for a new Triumph dealer. I'll keep the group posted.
Sorry, the new dealer is Fox Sports, Grand Rapids MI.

Hey Chip I was just thinking about you as I hadn't seen anything from you in a while. Sorry for the breakdown hope it gets resolved soon. I was wondering if you were going to show in WV but probably not. Take care.

I just finished limping home with my shifter popping out of gear. I had a broken detent spring about 40,000 miles ago. Same exact series of events. I just hope for a better solution from the Triumph dealer on the repair. The old dealer quoted $500. Final charge was close to a Grand. Thanks for a new Triumph dealer. I'll keep the group posted.
Sorry, the new dealer is Fox Sports, Grand Rapids MI.
My detent spring went last summer, after just over 20.000m. Had it replaced at the dealers for $350. It all depends on the labor costs, as the spring costs only 2 bucks. Hope the dealer gives you a break....

Hey Chip I was just thinking about you as I hadn't seen anything from you in a while. Sorry for the breakdown hope it gets resolved soon. I was wondering if you were going to show in WV but probably not. Take care.
The summer plans are still options. We have a 2005 Rocket that is available. Thanks for the thoughts. This 19' virus has screwed up my families plans. My wife is a Charge Nurse in a deadicated unit. Makes for a different look at priorities... Riding is important. Motorcycles matter!

glad you were able to get it home and are safe, sure is bad news to hear
Thanks Kevin. Time is important. Riding is ramping up quickly in Michigan. I don't want to be on the sidelines for long. If the shop can get my bike in this week, I'll hire it fixed. If the timeline is poor, I'll be learning and leaning on our forum for a do-it-yourself project. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Kevin. Time is important. Riding is ramping up quickly in Michigan. I don't want to be on the sidelines for long. If the shop can get my bike in this week, I'll hire it fixed. If the timeline is poor, I'll be learning and leaning on our forum for a do-it-yourself project. I'll keep you posted.

Well, I haven't forgot that I started this thread. Yesterday I got the call from the Triumph Dealer that my R3T was ready to be picked up. One month after I dropped it off. The comment then was " Chip, we will see you in a week."
The week was a little over a Month. Not happy with Fox Pwr Sports! My fault for not doing the repairs in my shop. I just hate not riding when the weather has been great. The price was $861.00. Ouch. A good thing came out of the last month. My wife ask me to buy another Rocket. She enjoys our rides too! I'm watching different search engines for a R3T. I always have thought the red and black Rockets were the fastest, but Kevin swears that his beast is faster! Maybe I'll buy a different color for my 2nd bike. Keep your eyes open, I'm looking for a deal...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your $861 included a second bike ... if it was just the detent that was needed the parts list would total about $30 including front cover gasket and new coolant and SHOULDN'T be more than 4 hrs labour start to finish for even the most simple trained monkey

I hope your $861 included a second bike ... if it was just the detent that was needed the parts list would total about $30 including front cover gasket and new coolant and SHOULDN'T be more than 4 hrs labour start to finish for even the most simple trained monkey
I'm trying to keep the cost as a motivator to NEVER take my bikes back to a dealer for work. I'm a tight wad, and pinch pennies. I hate to waste cash. I've been a Dave Ramsey type for 40 yrs. Spending that kind of cash at our cycle shops is far too common. All 3 of the large cycle dealerships near me charge like this. Ridiculous ! Oh ya, it didn't include a second bike. My wife ask the same question...

Back