Deer and other dumb animals

When I worked in Montana the ambulances from our nearest community had Ambulances with deer, elk, moose, horse and cow stickers on them. One in particular had a couple of deer, a horse and a cow. :(

It would suck to be waiting for an ambulance that took 30+ minutes to arrive to get our patients for transport only to get a radio call that they had hit a cow or horse and they would have to round up a crew to send another one. One of the many joys of rural Emergency medicine. ;)

bob

You guys must have a good population of deer over there....we dont have that problem so much but do have problems with farmers who have poor fences. Their cattle and sheep get out and lay on the roads at night on the warm tarseal...a biker was found dead recently along with the cow. Going fast is great but expect the unexpected....

I'm thinking about putting deer stickers on side of my tank similar to WW2 airplanes putting kills on the side of their planes

You should give this guy a call! ;):p:D

GettyImages-1607792.jpg

You folks in the States have smaller deer than up here in Canada. Known FACT in my area.. be particularly alert dawn and dusk when they like to move...AND...you won’t hit they first one...look for the buck following is the kicker.
I was in Newfoundland last summer...moose are MUCH BIGGER...and move at anytime of day.
A deer whistle is a slight deterrent,won’t stop them,but they will pause for a second to determine what the noise is...gives you an extra second to figure out what you are going to do. BUT if your number is up...it’s up.

You folks in the States have smaller deer than up here in Canada. Known FACT in my area.. be particularly alert dawn and dusk when they like to move...AND...you won’t hit they first one...look for the buck following is the kicker.
I was in Newfoundland last summer...moose are MUCH BIGGER...and move at anytime of day.
A deer whistle is a slight deterrent,won’t stop them,but they will pause for a second to determine what the noise is...gives you an extra second to figure out what you are going to do. BUT if your number is up...it’s up.
Hope to never come upon one cruising through the forests here.

Back