Decision Finally Made, Lush Modified Roadster Coming Soon

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Whelp, I decided I don't want to wait another year for big power. Lush pistons, cams, tensioner and probably the lockup is going on order soon. Will do a pictorial of install when its time. In the mean time, it's going to be a hell of a wait until the toys arrive!

Whelp, I decided I don't want to wait another year for big power. Lush pistons, cams, tensioner and probably the lockup is going on order soon. Will do a pictorial of install when its time. In the mean time, it's going to be a hell of a wait until the toys arrive!
you doing the actual replacement?? if so how are you removing the pistons? my mechanic did the change over by moving the sleeves out if you choose that method let me know I have the triumph sleeve tool and cam holder tool available you can borrow both for shipping cost .

Thanks duke, planning on dropping the main ladder and pushing them put the top. I have rebuilt engines before, just never done the ring part, always had a pro do it. After reading thoroughly and watching a few videos it really doesn't seem that bad.

Thanks duke, planning on dropping the main ladder and pushing them put the top. I have rebuilt engines before, just never done the ring part, always had a pro do it. After reading thoroughly and watching a few videos it really doesn't seem that bad.
Yes that's the best way leave sleeves alone.
You do not need a lockup clutch, if you want to uprate clutch, MTC fibres stronger springs, suzuki bolts (longer)
Nev will sort you out,
He is THE man IMHO respect.

You do not need a lockup clutch, if you want to uprate clutch, MTC fibres stronger springs, suzuki bolts (longer)
Nev will sort you out,
YES do not use a lock up clutch all you need is stronger springs stock fibres are fine if they are in good condition

Nev will sort you out,

Yeah I did some more research last night, going to go MTC friction discs, stock steels, MTC springs, maybe the MTC basket, not sure if I really need without going forced induction.

Yeah I did some more research last night, going to go MTC friction discs, stock steels, MTC springs, maybe the MTC basket, not sure if I really need without going forced induction.

I have the billet basket it is a nice bit of kit, but IMO very few R3's produce enough torque to warrant the extra cost.
Tell Nev exactly what you are after, he will supply you everything you need.

I have the billet basket it is a nice bit of kit, but IMO very few R3's produce enough torque to warrant the extra cost.
Tell Nev exactly what you are after, he will supply you everything you need.
WE ran the 500 HP streamliner engines using stock clutch baskets

Back