Decided to keep my Rocket!

bulldog_biker

.020 Over
Ride
Blacked out 2012 Rocket 3 Roadster
I decided to keep my Rocket. I have got rid of all my other bikes so she is my only ride. Loving my second set of tires (Avon Cobras) I only got 3500 from the set on it when I bought it. Shorty muffler I made myself...rorrty! (Shortened rear fender that keeps that sexy shape and shows more of that monster rear tire too - its more work but totally worth it!)

Ride safe!

20161128_175608.jpg

20170422_100455.jpg

(Great website by the way. Lots of great info).

Brian

I decided to keep my Rocket. I have got rid of all my other bikes so she is my only ride. Loving my second set of tires (Avon Cobras) I only got 3500 from the set on it when I bought it. Shorty muffler I made myself...rorrty! (Shortened rear fender that keeps that sexy shape and shows more of that monster rear tire too - its more work but totally worth it!)

Ride safe!

20161128_175608.jpg

20170422_100455.jpg

(Great website by the way. Lots of great info).

Brian
Thanks. Glad you like.

Nice ride mate, Are you not concerned about getting stone damage to your lower forks as your covers are not fitted.
Just an observation is all.

License plate is tucked away on the left side.
I know I should be...I guess at some point I have to admit I like the look without the covers over the function with the covers...plus...I am just too busy avoiding half asleep car drivers to worry about it :eek:)

I know I should be...I guess at some point I have to admit I like the look without the covers over the function with the covers...plus...I am just too busy avoiding half asleep car drivers to worry about it :eek:)

Nice work! Possible a mistake to leave those upside down fork sliders exposed.
Perhaps go with some black carbon like @Claviger has.
Question: Is the rear fender OEM or did you modify other than cutting?
In your side view pix, it looks to hang out too far from the tire . . . ???

Yes fender is 4" shorter and I cut it out myself. You have to allow movement for suspension plus the amount it protrudes is the minimum it can be without chopping it off which I did not want to do. I wanted a shorter fender that would maintain the tapered style and could also still accommodate a passenger seat if required.

Back