pastorfreak

Supercharged
My wife and I are thinking about riding down to Deals Gap this coming Spring anyone been there and is a good time not just Gap but around town?

Freak

Deal's Gap

The ride is fantastic and the Microtel in Robbinsville is a nice hotel. Spring for the suite with the whirlpool. It's worth the few extra bucks. The best restaurant is the bar-b-que place almost next to the hotel. Night life? Let me know if you find any. It's a very small town and other than fellow bikers to talk to, there isn't much to do. Stay one night and then move on to Gatlinsburg or one of the other tourist oriented places. There are plenty of other great roads to ride. They will find you. Just wing it through the area and you'll have some excellent riding on the way to anywhere.

I would recommend getting there on a week day, to avoid the crowds. Weekends in warm weather can be very congested. You can go to killboy.com to see pictures posted each week and keep up on conditions there.

My favorite road in the area is the Wayah Road that runs through the Nantahla gorge.

Back