Dealers Disappearing....

Rick Morris

"Have you seen Junior's grades?"
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
Just found out another Triumph dealer near me closed. Now my closest dealer is 21/2 hours away. I am rethinking my love of Triumph bikes. I have Honda, Harley, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki, BMW, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi within an hour from me. What is going on with Triumph?

Triumph are dictating to dealerships to become more of a boutique store. They are pushing in the UK for sole agent Triumph only including rider wear etc. Maybe the same over there.

Triumph are dictating to dealerships to become more of a boutique store. They are pushing in the UK for sole agent Triumph only including rider wear etc. Maybe the same over there.
Thats the kiss of death in the USA. Most new bike dealers need multiple lines to survive. The GP in new bikes is small. Service, accessories, parts and used bikes are where the money is. I can see why a dealer would drop Triumph if that is the program they are pushing.

I was somewhat amazed a couple weeks ago...

A new dealer opened up a mile or so from me, Triumph, BMW and Indian. I made the remark to my wife that I was surprised at the absolute lack of triumph "gear" and that Triumph UK was not forcing them to have a dedicated area.
They had nothing... no jackets, no boots, no shirts, no accessories.

The nearest Triumph dealer to me is 45 minutes and a bit of traffic. It's a Harley dealer who also sell's Triumph, in this case all the emphasis is on Harley, Triumph is in the back corner and treated like an unwanted child. They'll sell ya one, but forget about customer service or servicing. Just this weekend I finally visited a true dedicated Triumph dealer, it's an hour from my location and a bit more traffic. They offer Triumph sales, service, parts, clothing, helmets, and footwear. This is located in Portland OR, (Beaverton) a long time shop. Cascade Moto Beaverton, Oregon.
I provided them two opportunities (maintenance & warranty repair) to service my R3R each time with disappointing results. To sum up - I'll pursue purchases via on-line vendors - better competitive pricing)
I'll continue my search for a good reliable mechanic I can count on.
Triumph Brick and mortar Dealer/shops - keep shooting themselves in the foot - it's not surprising they can't stay open.

Last edited:
The nearest Triumph dealer to me is 45 minutes and a bit of traffic. It's a Harley dealer who also sell's Triumph, in this case all the emphasis is on Harley, Triumph is in the back corner and treated like an unwanted child. They'll sell ya one, but forget about customer service or servicing. Just this weekend I finally visited a true dedicated Triumph dealer, it's an hour from my location and a bit more traffic -but- what a "pleasure" imagine the concept of nice people, nice shop, parts, clothing, helmets, footwear, and a service staff who'll give you the time of day. To my surprise it was real. Cupcakes and coffee on Saturdays. Really!! This is located in Portland OR, (Beaverton) a long time shop, with an experienced staff. My point - there are a few gold nuggets out there, just a matter of being lucky enough to have one within an hour. Hoping it will catch on.
Cascade Moto Beaverton, Oregon.
I spent a week in Beaverton at Mo-Clamp several years ago. What a beautiful area of our country. I wish I had a dealer within an hour drive.

Back