Dealers and their service

Darron

.040 Over
FWIW

I broke down in Mena, Ark. last week and had to haul the bike, (an '05 r3 with 22K on the clock), to the dealer in Waco where I bought it.

The bike was two years and one month old at the time of its breakdown so technically it was out of warranty. I figgured to have a bill presented to me when it was repaired, but no, the dealer took care of me and said that Triumph would make it a courtesy repair.

Because of the good service, I simply must post these accolades for EuroShop of Waco, Texas who have done a good job through the years of taking care of it's customers.

darron

ps. it was the fuel pump relay that went bad.

Well that was nice of them, I guess. I wonder if they would have done the same thing had you thrown a rod one month or even one day out of warranty? Probably not unless it is a common defect that they know about or will admit to knowing about it. My point is on little things Triumph might be willing to step up to the plate, like replacing a relay and paying the bill, calling it goodwill, but if it was going to cost them a lot I think they would tell you it's out of warranty and not their problem, so pay up. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this, they have to draw the line somewhere and it is usually at the end of the two year warranty period.

Back