Dealer reinstalled rediator cocked to right

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I recently got my bike back from the dealer. They repaired damage after a nasty crash I had last Labor day. Over $8500 in parts. :shock: The radiator is not on straight. It sits further toward the rear on the right side by about 2 inches. (or maybe the left is too far forward?) Did they leave off rubber mounts or something? I want to fix it myself. It would be nice if I can simply loosen it up and adjust without opening the coolant hoses. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check to see if the two bottom mounting bracket are in allignment one could be bent. You can adjust these with a litle pressure. Also make sure the left side mount pin is in the radiator if not this can also be why she is cocked up.

I can understand wanting to fix it yourself but if they forgot something simple like aligning the radiator, what else did they forget?

Take it back.

The bike runs fine and tracks straight. I really hate dealers; their quality of service is unpredictable, but I had no choice bringing it there. I'll do some disassembly first to look for the obvious first. thx

Tee Dee: If you are going to take it apart, try first just loosening the bolts holding it on the frame, then moving it side to side and see if that helps. Perhaps they just placed it into the frame crooked then tightened the bolts as it was! Just a thought.

Native One

TeeDee said:
The bike runs fine and tracks straight. I really hate dealers; their quality of service is unpredictable, but I had no choice bringing it there. I'll do some disassembly first to look for the obvious first. thx

Your insurance covered this right? Call your insurance company and have them confront the dealer.

Just curious, why didn't you have a choice but to let the dealer repair the bike?

There are probably independent shops here that could have done the work. It would have been a crap shoot trying to pick one, so I sent it to the closest Triumph dealer. It's not correct to say I had no choice. I was banged up real bad and physical pain got most of my attention at the time.

Back