Deal or No Deal? 2017 R3 Roadster.

xlr8tion

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 BMW S1000XR
Hey guys....

Buying another Rocket....This time a Roadster. Been looking at 17 and 18s...

Found a 17 with under 500 miles on it(Phantom Black.

Is 11K a good deal considering it is stock?

Also...whats the warranty....I thought it was 3/36 and I was told it was two years...Whiskey Tango? I know the clock starts ticking on the in service date of owner number 1.

Anywho I will have to toss a windshield on and some touring bags....What do you you Roadstter Warriors recommend? Nice to be able to fit a helmet in the side bags but all the roadsters I have seen have leather bags. Also the windscreen does not have to be TRUMPIAN YUUUGE....Along the lines of what was on my 06 Classic Touring.

Really psyched....That Phantom Black looks very menacing!

Thanks alot guys and For Gods Sake; Lets Ride!

Greg

Hey guys....

Buying another Rocket....This time a Roadster. Been looking at 17 and 18s...

Found a 17 with under 500 miles on it(Phantom Black.

Is 11K a good deal considering it is stock?

Also...whats the warranty....I thought it was 3/36 and I was told it was two years...Whiskey Tango? I know the clock starts ticking on the in service date of owner number 1.

Anywho I will have to toss a windshield on and some touring bags....What do you you Roadstter Warriors recommend? Nice to be able to fit a helmet in the side bags but all the roadsters I have seen have leather bags. Also the windscreen does not have to be TRUMPIAN YUUUGE....Along the lines of what was on my 06 Classic Touring.

Really psyched....That Phantom Black looks very menacing!

Thanks alot guys and For Gods Sake; Lets Ride!

Greg
on the face of it price is reasonable..

Wow..thanks for the precise input on the warranty. Duke put down the bong and thanks Red Rocket where are these Unicorn 10 Rockets? They are 16K for 2018....20 dollars a pound LOL......

on the face of it price is reasonable..

That’s a good price if service history etc is good. Yes I think you should go for it!

I just bought an 18 only because my 17 was stolen ( 350 miles!) and the insurance Geiko paid out the full price including tax etc

( they were fantastic by the way! Paid out in full after 30 days no , haggling about deductions for mileage or any hassle what so ever . Paid out the full price I paid including all delivery charges etc they were terrific.Can not recommend the little green chap highly enough).

The R3Rs are getting rarer and I’d suggest the depreciation / discounts will slow down as a result. I just asked for you and the best for an 18 to your door is $17k.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes I think you should go for it. I just bought an 18 only because my 17 was stolen ( 350 miles!) and the insurance Geiko paid out the full price including tax etc ( they were fantastic by the way! Paid out in full after 30 days no hassle what so ever . Can not recommend highly enough).

The R3Rs are getting rarer and I’d suggest the depreciation will slow down as a result. Having said that I might be able to get you an 18 from From my local dealer for nearer 15k. You’d have to ship but I think that’s only a coupe of hundred or so .
Let me know I can only ask....

Sorry forgot to mention...they have just received an 18 In black / white I was there when it came in. ( interesting little ditty...this Dealer ship is a shop around 1500Ft2. They very often receive the accolade of being the top selling dealership in the nation...amazing really as the shop in tiny...great people though., I drive past two other bigger dealerships to go here , maybe that’s why)

Back