Daytona Bike Week 2020 meetup and post-event riding and skrew it I’m riding home

I think I mentioned before, mine was so intermittent that it took 2 years, I probably replaced as many different parts as you, it ended up being a bad coil. And it never fouled the plugs, either, I can't figure that out, except when it started running right again it burned the soot off, maybe? New was real high, I bought a used set from Pinwall Cycle, reasonable. It's a rare issue on these, so I felt fairly safe going used.

Following your lead, I ordered a used coil for the front cylinder for $25 with free 2 day delivery. Cheap insurance in case it is failing.

I ordered a new clutch cable as well.

I'm also cleaning all the K&N filters and bought electronic cleaner and dielectric grease to lube everything up.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Cedar Key lunch & squatch spotting run - attempt #2...

Success on clams and oysters with a view.

Fail on seeing any Skunk Apes. After many years and thousands of miles around Florida I am beginning to think they don’t exist
BD4817AB-131C-40BC-86BB-D8F81941E2CB.jpeg
Blue stairway to heaven - Steamers.

Last edited:
Success on clams and oysters with a view.

Fail on seeing any Skunk Apes. After many years and thousands of miles around Florida I am beginning to think they don’t exist
BD4817AB-131C-40BC-86BB-D8F81941E2CB.jpeg
Blue stairway to heaven - Steamers.

That's the place I went, excellent steamers

No evidence of the encounter but Fingers and I met up last night near Ocala so I could borrow his Lonelec cable.

Yeah, the FTDI drivers were already in Windows 10 on my laptop and TuneECU connected on the first try.

I did some quick checks before going riding:

TB's = 680 640 640 - need to adjust #1
Inj Pulse = 4.7 4.3 4.6 - don't know how to read this?
Ign = 9.14 - OK??
TPS = .61->.62 - pass
Fuel level = .43v - looks like I bent the float rod a bit much as I got down to less than 1G and the light never came on. Oh well, I'd rather it not come on at all than only after 50 miles.

Best news is that my mileage is up to 38MPG on 93 Octane fuel running hard on the Interstate vs 32MPG last week.

Holy clogged filter batman, this could not be an advantageous situation.

I went to pull the crankcase breather K&N filter and discovered this frightening scene.

I'm hoping this is just a side effect of the other issues and probable overfilling of oil.

I cleaned this and the 3 intake filters and will adjust the TB's tomorrow and reinstall the main filters.

I may also install a different PowerTripp map.

IMG_3897.JPG

I could have sworn I peeked in there two years ago and it looked fine! LOL :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I have a spare - back in my garage in NY (with my backup TPS and ECU cable and new clutch cable AAARRRGGGHHH)...

Maybe I'll find one here as this one is 12 years old and beat up even after a good cleaning.

Is there an official term for not having enough time to do proper PM but spending 4X the amount dealing with the resulting issues in the hot sun on the side of
a busy road? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back