forklift

Supercharged
Ride
2014 rocket 3 roadster
I just received my new headlights today and had them installed in about an hour. I think there are very few accessories that make the Rocket Roadster look more menacing then the Daymakers.
20150411_144627-1.jpg
20150409_200127.jpg

They certainly do look good, I fitted mine last weekend. Only been out once at night since.
K
My first comment would be that I am a little disappointed in the distance on high beam, I was expecting much better. But on low beam there is plenty of light.

Next night ride I will play around with the adjustment a bit to see if I can improve high beam.

This is a photo of the light pattern on the Daymakers box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 2
They certainly do look good, I fitted mine last weekend. Only been out once at night since.
My first comment would be that I am a little disappointed in the distance on high beam, I was expecting much better. But on low beam there is plenty of light.
Next night ride I will play around with the adjustment a bit to see if I can improve high beam.
This is a photo of the light pattern on the Daymakers box.

May I inquire where you found that beam pattern chart for the Daymakers?
This from testing I have done with the Daymakers.

Daymakers-on-Triumph-R3R.jpg

1olbull
From the Harley part box.

I couldn't find it, but from the charts you posted, I'd say they are right in line with what my tests showed.
An identifiable target at .3 foot candles (3.2 lux) at about 250 to 300 feet max.
This is approximately a 20 to 25% light and 50 to 100 feet distance improvement over stock. However,
PLEASE NOTE and bear in mind that even with the improved lighting of the Daymakers, in the dark (little to no ambient light) you will most likely be out pacing your headlights at speeds over 50 mph!!! At higher speeds once you see a hazard in your path, you will likely NOT have enough time and distance in which to respond and bring your motor to a stop before striking that hazard.

Do they have ones for rhe touring? Also, if LED will they interfere with the McCruise or keyless ignition?
Look at the following for the TOURING

JW SPEAKER 8700 Evolution2 - and the Truck-Lite Phase7. I have a Phase7 in my Guzzi - excellent.

There is a new 5&3/4"on it's way from JW Speaker too.

Look at the following for the TOURING
JW SPEAKER 8700 Evolution2 - and the Truck-Lite Phase7. I have a Phase7 in my Guzzi - excellent.
There is a new 5&3/4"on it's way from JW Speaker too.

COOL!
Looking forward to seeing that new JW Speaker.
Hope it's an improvement over the Daymaker, but
my guess is it will be the Daymaker with their brand.

Back