Grumpy Ole Codger

Miserable as FECK
Ride
MOTO GUZZI BREVA 1100
Fellow Rocketeers,

Have any of you bought and installed the Dave Platt Short Custom Pipes with the Cat delete crossover? Reason for asking is I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with the fitting and alignment of the pipes and more importantly the alignment of the slash cut on LHS pipe?

Fellow Rocketeers,

Have any of you bought and installed the Dave Platt Short Custom Pipes with the Cat delete crossover? Reason for asking is I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with the fitting and alignment of the pipes and more importantly the alignment of the slash cut on LHS pipe?

I have them ( not the outlaws ) on my roadster. No problems at all.. fitted really easily in about an hour including the crossover.

Allan, Could you post a picture of the pipes taken from the rear of the bike for me please? Set I have the LHS pipe the slash cut is out of alignment by about 35 degrees clockwise (does that make sense) The slash cut on the RHS is vertical once installed but not the LHS. Have sent them back and an on going saga is slowly unfolding with blame being pointed at me for installing the LHS hanger upside down, back to front, wrong part, twisting end can when attaching bracket...etc... Just looking for an installation to make a comparison with - Thanks in advance!

Few photos of lhs pipe - LHS slash cut vertical and matching RHS Slash - note connection pipe??
20171103_164443.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN4611.JPG
    DSCN4611.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4618.JPG
    DSCN4618.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 4
From that photo - DP f*cked up.
My point exactly! Been told made 100's and all perfect why would yours be different? You telling me my job? You are a C*nt...etc... Not impressed!! Will post full story on a separate thread once DP is back in UK and claimed refund has been paid!

Photo - supplied by manufacturer PD Gough of Nottingham - of welding Jig used to make the LHS pipe below - what is your view?

IMG_5310.jpg

Few photos of lhs pipe - LHS slash cut vertical and matching RHS Slash - note connection pipe??
20171103_164443.jpg
SORRY thats a pile of unnecessary overpriced plumbing thats almost as bad as the stock exhaust that robs HP sorry why use all that when a singkle great looking SLIPON looks and performs so much better WOW whats the cost of that it looks some thing of a 1980s KAWASAKI

SORRY thats a pile of unnecessary overpriced plumbing thats almost as bad as the stock exhaust that robs HP sorry why use all that when a singkle great looking SLIPON looks and performs so much better WOW whats the cost of that it looks some thing of a 1980s KAWASAKI[/QUOTE

What? You never seen these before? Nevermind, plenty of catalogues to choose from though! I find pipes are like titties...always look better in pairs!:eek::eek:

Back