Dave Platt Roadster system

Which Dp exhaust are you referring to ?
Exhausts built for the standard and classic won't fit the roadster coz the roadster has ABS . I believe he does pipes for all models !

Anyone Know why a Roaster D Platt system wont fit a earlier R3 (06 3 muffler ) ?
I'm sure it could be MADE TO fit. And Dave Platt will know. Every time I've written he's not replied - but others seem to have more luck (esp from UK)
As has been pointed out the Early ones cant go onto roadsters because of the ABS.

But I'm sure a roadster system can be put onto a standard as Colin (aka Battersea when he posted) had Roadster pipes on his classic.
I can see if I can get hold of Colin and ask if he had to do any jiggling. He is quite an engineer.

Anyone Know why a Roaster D Platt system wont fit a earlier R3 (06 3 muffler ) ?
WHY dont you you use a single slipon it will give you better performance and look better at a great price eliminating the restrictive heavy stock garbage from the header pipe back

thanks guys I was only asking as there's a set on the EBay.
I have had little success contacting him .
my bike does not have ABS I didn't know it lived there
I prefer the look of the DP roader system to his standard one
Finally I think slip on can's look a bit out of place and rubbish on Rocket especially with stock headers and it leave a big space on near side
....in my humble opinion of course

Back