Dave Plat Outlaws or Revo Twin 6"

Discussion in 'Rocket III Roadster' started by B&W, Mar 11, 2018.

1. B&W

B&WStandard Bore

United Kingdom
    Ride:
    Roadster
    Hello can I ask who is running Dave Plat Outlaw exhaust and who is running Revo Twin 6" exhaust. I am looking to just fit the end cans and leave the Triumph middle pipe/muffler. Been hearing a lot about problems with the Outlaw system especially if you fit the de-cat pipe as well with the left hand exhaust sooting up??? Any info appreciated.

Rocket 3 REVO TWIN 6

2. Nat67

Nat67Rockgoblin

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Rocket 3 2010 roadster
    The Revos are great looking pipes but stupidly expensive . The DP outlaw system comes with the link pipe . The cats on the roadster are in the silencers , the strange box like contraption that links the stock pipes is exactly that , there is nothing in it except offset pipes and a baffle designed to slow exhaust flow and effectively restrict power ! The outlaws have a 50mm bore size , the only way your gonna soot them up is with a seriously bad tune ! If money was no object , I would have the Revos but pretty pointless fitting performance pipes without the straight through 50mm bore link pipe ! Again , fitting performance pipes is a fruitless exercise unless combined with a free flow induction like Ramair or KnN . No good having the blow if it ain't got the suck . What is it that you are trying to achieve , is it noise , power or both ? If you have deep pockets , change the headers , if you like the balanced look of 2 cans then outlaws won't disappoint , bin the stock induction and get a good tune and you will have a very different beast on your hands ! Hope this helps ? :thumbsup:

AussieMick likes this.
  3. Nat67

Nat67Rockgoblin

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Rocket 3 2010 roadster
    By the way , welcome to the most inspired interweb forum in the universe , where all things Rocket and a few things that arnt fall like leaves from this great big tree of knowledge . Tell us a bit about yourself and enjoy the ride .
    From another Brit ! :)

AussieMick likes this.
  4. B&W

B&WStandard Bore

United Kingdom
    Ride:
    Roadster
    Thanks Nat hoping to get my 2nd Roadster this week after a two year break it is a standard very low mileage '14 plate and it is just mesmerizing the amount of opinions and tunes/re-maps. Personally for me it is for looks to fit either the DP or Revo end cans as the stock pipes are just rank and imo are prob the worst looking thing on a Rocket. My previous Roadster had an aftermarket 3 into 1 exhaust but standard air filters and it ran lovely. I am waiting for a reply from Revo about their exhaust and cost would be nice but as you say why spend £12-1500 if you can do the DP full system for £800

Nat67 likes this.
  5. Pants

Pants.020 Over

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2016 ROCKET
    Hi, recently put on DP outlaws with ramair.Spent £275 +vat for dyno time and now runs and sounds like a different bike.Also just put on hagon nitros but untested due to weather(purchased after reading great advice on this site)

Nat67 likes this.
  6. Nat67

Nat67Rockgoblin

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Rocket 3 2010 roadster
    Did your tuner tune via a pcv or is he a rare breed that will tune via tune ecu ?
    If he is , could you post up their name and address for other members . Also what numbers did you get with the outlaws / Ramair combo ? :thumbsup:

7. barbagris

barbagrisMad Scientist

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    On the verge of insanity : Madrid - Spain
    Ride:
    2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
    And if you want to get the best - put decent headers on.

Nat67 and Paul Bryant like this.
  8. Penner

Penner.060 Over

Germany
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Honda Helix Kawasaki W800
    Or look for Remus.
    Expensive, top quality and good numbers.

Nat67 likes this.
  9. Nat67

Nat67Rockgoblin

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Rocket 3 2010 roadster
    Yes I likey those , and agreed , bloody good numbers !

10. Grumpy Ole Codger

Grumpy Ole CodgerSlave to the Beast

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2007 Rocket 111 Standard..ish
    I have the Dave pRatt shorties with RamAir filter and am picking her up tomorrow afternoon having had a complete refurb. She has been retuned using TuneEcu and will be posting the before and after dyno runs on here tomorrow night!

Nat67 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice