DataTool S4 Alarm on R3

Richard Tanner

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and Ducati Diavel
I have now done around a 1,000 miles on my R3 Roadster and we are getting used to each other. Marvellous!

The bike arrived in Hong Kong new from the UK with the alarm already fitted. I was washing the bike today, perhaps being somewhat over-generous with the water around the top of the engine, and the alarm went off. Scared the life out of me! The remote did not operate to stop it but after a minute or two, all was quiet and things seem back to normal. The bike runs fine.

I wonder if this was just a temporary short circuit and can be ignored. Views would be welcomed.

Motorcycles in Hong Kong are stolen from time to time and so I would prefer the keep the alarm. Usually the more common bikes are stolen and sprited into China where the are sold either complete or for parts. I cannot imagine that there is much of a market for the R3 but I don't want to be the first to find out that there is.

Best regards to all.

By the way, I am in awe of the font of knowledge of the members of this forum and their willingness to spend time helping others to resolve their issues. I am looking forward to the chance to contribute but that may be a way off yet.

Back