Datatool 3 alarm removal

74bonnie

.020 Over
Went to start the rocket two weeks ago. It was Immobilised and the alarm light was not flashing. The Alarm fob did nothing. Disconnected the battery - left it for a week, reconnected and the alarm sounded. I guessed that by discharging the alarm's battery, it would reset. Turned the alarm off and rode the bike. Today I go to start the bike - same thing!!
I just want to get rid of the alarm. It was dealer fitted when new and in the bag that came with it there is a black plug. If I remove the alarm and smash it to several thousand pieces then put the plug where the alarm used to be, will my bike work???
Starting to feel irrational and violent ......:mad:

Dear 74bonnie,
I am experiencing the same problem as you.

After 5 months of my bike hibernating i put my recharged battery in the Rocket and took it out for a spin. No problem what so ever.

After a 5 min ride i stopped and parked my bike switching the engine off. Trying to start it up again i could not disarm my alarm.

(This has happened in the past on different accassions along with other wierd non responsive alarm problems).

After 10 min of pressing the alarm phob continuously without getting a response I then decided to switch the ignition on knowing that the alarm would go off but hoping that this should do the trick . Luckily I somehow managed to turn off the alarm by pressing the phob button continuesly for about 10 seconds (while the alarm was going off). This has become a normal occurance over the last 6 years since buying the bike.

After a 10 min ride i again parked and switched the bike off. Again the same problem occurred when trying to start the bike.

So, i repeated the same steps as before by turning the ignition on and pressing the phob button while the alarm was going off. This time i had no luck. The bike would not start and the alarm would continously ramble on. Very annoying and extremely frustrating.

Me thinking now that i may have not put the battery in corectly i lifted the seat and re-fitted the battery once again.
By doing this i somehow managed, for the first very time, to immobilise my bike completely.
The ignition works perfectly BUT the bike is completely dead. The starter button for the very first time does not work at all.
Also, the alarm red light does not flash either. Completely dead and no life at all.

I will take out the battery and see what happens after a few days.

Did you manage to sort out our problem and get rid if the alarm? If so how did you go about doing it?

Im currently in Montenegro and the closest Triumph dealership is a good 12h drive from here so ideally i need some support and and advice so i can get someone to fix the problem here in Montenegro.

If anybody else has can help your advice and spport would be much appreciated
Regards

Sasha

Pig9r, could you please send to me too. Want to disconnect mine as well.

Pig9r, could you please send to me too. Want to disconnect mine as well.
Hi guys, my alarm dos'nt even work on my rocket now so is useless, bike still starts and runs fine, so i'm looking into removing it, i know i need to get a shorting plug for the harness but i've been enquiring as to the right part number but not sure it is correct, item T2500050 keeps cropping up, so if anyone can give me the correct part number that would be great, cheers in advance.

pm me your email and I can send you the dealer's manual for the alarm.
Hi Pig9r. Still got your Rocket? I saw your reply and wondered if it was a e-manual for the alarm and if so would you be able to send me one, please? I can't locate the alarm box as I heard putting a shorting link across it works? Any idea where the alarm is on a Rocket III Classic 2008?

Back