mjbell1

Supercharged
Dash Hawk - Classic Touring Weight

Anybody hear of the Dash Hawk made by the ignition folks at MSD. It monitors and displays ob2 data. Selectable view parameters displaying 2 to 7 depending on size. It sure would be nice to know whats going on with A/F, temperature, MAP, oil pressure, load/throttle, etc. It also has a data storage capacity. Lets here who knows? Weighed the 07 Rocket III Classic Touring today full tank, leather bags, floor boards and all the rest and the total is 840lbs

Last edited:
Looking at the parameters available for display on both displays.
ScanGuage = 12
Dash Hawk =100
Even at twice the price you get 12 times as many viewable parameters
on the Dash Hawk. Any info on reliability, accuracy,etc.?

I am not sure the Dash Hawk will work on the Rocket, it shows to be CAN bus only. Scangauge is compliant with both.

If you look at the Dash Hawk parameters there are only about 10 that apply to the Rocket (ie the Rocket only has 1 O2 sensor, about 50 of Dash Hawks parameters are O2 bank 1, O2 bank 2 etc). Scangauge offers the same parameters that Dash Hawk does through the Xgauge feature. You pick the ones that apply to your vehicle and program them in, the 12 most common are preprogrammed in. It also has the ability to add more parameters as they are hacked or as vehicle techonolgy changes. Dash Hawk does look a lot nicer but like I said, I don't think it will work.

I would assume the Rocket is ISO protocol? If you get one that will do all protocols you can use it on pretty much anything post 1996. This tells you which vehicles you can use the Dash Hawk on. DashHawk Vehicle Support

This link will give you an idea about all of the protocols used.

Which OBD-II protocol is supported by my vehicle? - Powered By Kayako eSupport

I think motorcycles are excluded from the requirements to have OBDII, so I would figure they also won't have to be CAN compliant by 2009.

Last edited:
Back