Darkside suggestions for the R3T

BigWillie

Supercharged
Ride
08 R3 Touring, HD Dyna
I have been thinking of going Darkside when my metzler wears out and was wondering if anyone knows the tire size needed. I figure the designation will be different for a car than it is for a bike. Anyone running a CT on an R3T? Some info would be helpful.

there are a few threads here and also on the R.A.T. site. just use the Search function above and you will find what you need.
If I'm not mistaken the closest size to stock is the 245/55 16. the most common sizes I've seen, so far, are 225/50 16, 225/55/16 and 245/50 16 or 245/55 16. The Brits are pretty high on the 235/50 16 Toyo Proxes T1R It has a gnarly tread pattern as you can see here:Store

OK, thanks but the problem I am looking at is that all the tires you mentioned and that I have seen mentioned are 225mm to 245mm wide. Mine is only 180. Finding a car tire 180MM might be a little tough. I will search around.

OK, thanks but the problem I am looking at is that all the tires you mentioned and that I have seen mentioned are 225mm to 245mm wide. Mine is only 180. Finding a car tire 180MM might be a little tough. I will search around.

Darksiders of the R3T have been using the 205/60 16 check out this thread.
http://www.r3owners.net/dark-side/5054-car-tire-r3t.html

If you go with a 205/55 16 you get a better choice of performance tires but I don't know what that would do to your speedometer.

Last edited:
Well, I have a little over 5K on the new Metzlers as of today. When that back one goes down I think I will give a CT a try. If it works great, If it feels to funny not out that much. Been thinking about how everyone mentions that the rear hooks up better and a couple of post mention the handling in the rain, both of which would be a help. It rains a lot here on the SC coast and I keep getting irritated in traffic and hitting the throttle and can feel the rear hop a little. I appriciate all the info and friendly comments. I will post what happens when I change it out.

Let us know which tire you decide to run when you make the change, big guy!

Of course. It will probably be a couple of months. Just checked the tire today and the Metzler still has good tread. At least another couple thousand miles. Or a couple of good burnouts.

Back