muleskinner

Turbocharged
I was at the barber shop yesterday and while waiting I perused through the latest edition of "Rider" magazine I believe it was. Anyway, there is a GREAT and extensively researched article regarding the use of car tires on M/C's in the edition. The writer did his research and his findings are very "Eye opening!" EVERYONE from tire companies to M/C manufacturers and attorneys basically said "bad idea." Both for safety reasons and legal liability reasons.

Their logic is spot on! Did you know if you install a tire made for a car and not approved by the bike manufacturer that if the cop taking the report documents the fact your bike had a car tire on it instead of an approved M/C tire, the insurer can and most likely will, refuse to cover the crash! Take a look. Good read!

Oh you've gone and done it now Dennis.

I'm gonna run and hide from this one....

I know Harry, but the guys who do so are hanging their "Arses" out liability wise!! Let alone the safety reasons he quotes. ALL interviewed stated several reasons why not to use a car tire on a bike. ALL made perfect sense and were logical!!

And believe me, a lot of the people this guy interviewed had no dog in the game and no monetary reason to say what they said! Good read! I know the information in the article cemented my opinion on not using them on my bike! :rolleyes:

Would like to see the article just out of interest.
Not bagging Darksiders as ive never tried one but i never will either doesnt interest me
i still believe a car tyre should be on a car and a bike tyre on a bike but thats just my personal veiw and that of the product manufacturers to i guess.

insert abuse here>" "< :D:D:D

Tales From the Dark Side: Putting Car Tires on Motorcycles | Rider Magazine

here is the link.

gotta say though the bit where the guy from harley says every tyre is designed for the bikes characteristics makes me laugh i agree to a point but it is funny how u can walk into say a triumph dealership and everybike in there has metzelers on it lol i dont think they took the characteristics into consideration at all they just put on whatever metz fits the rim as they are the supplier of their tyres :cool:

im still not ever trying one but i keep an opened mind also

Back