damaged Jardine exhaust pipe pics, advice requested

thorin

Owner of Goliath, the giant motorcycle
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
hey guys,
removed the lower portion of my damaged jardine exhaust system yesterday.
First thing I noticed was how heavy the pipes are. Heavy gauge metal used for sure!
without the advantage of having a "good" set to compare to, I do think they are bent as well as scrape-damaged.
for reference, the muffler most in line with the connector pipe is the right side, sustained the most damage when the bike slid. I'm thinking a local muffler expert could remove the damaged muffler sections and weld new ones on to the header connector/splitter. what do you think?

P9110001.JPG P9110002.JPG P9110003.JPG P9110004.JPG P9110005.JPG P9110006.JPG P9110007.JPG P9110008.JPG P9110009.JPG

Looks a little banged up and right side does look a little bent. Any motorcycle exhaust place that is any good should be able to sort that out but I feel it would be expensive.
You could have the sections remade in Stainless Steel but again that may not be cheap.

Pictures can distort strait lines at various angles too. Maybe use a straight edge (steel angle iron or RHS) to hold up against the muffler to get a better understanding as to if it is bent.

they are definitely out of alignment from each other. pictures accurately reflect their condition.
I just don't know if they're supposed to be that way.
they were absolutely symmetrical at the rear end before I took 'em off.
strange.......

Back