D & D 3 into 1 into 2 exhaust system

JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
Are any of you running the D&D's or know a fellow Rocket owner that is or has run them? Just curious but I am interested in performance, construction (welds) , chrome quality, etc. May change from the TORS if I don't get negative feedback. If I do, TORS spoken for by Gr3ywolf a long time ago.

I had them, liked everything about them, have nothing negative except that they left the left side naked and the wife gave me **** about it. I blew her off, but after awhile it started getting to me so I opted for the TOR's.

I have them and like them just fine. No problems with them and they sound good above 1500 rpm. Below that is sounds like a 500cc ATV. Chrome is o.k., not deep like the other pipes out there. I do like the fact that it is a straight shot right out the back, no crossover BS. A lot lighter also. Hope this helps.

D&D's

A little story regarding my first ride after installing the D&D's. I realized that fuel enrichment (via Tuneboy) would be necessary after installing my D&D's, but couldn't resist taking the bike for a quick spin after bolting on the new pipes and liking the sound.
After a quick run down the highway and about 5 miles, I pulled back into the garage and the D&D's were smoking. Apparently, I had caught the insulating material within the pipes on fire from the original lean factory tune along with the added airflow from the D&D's. The Rocket's a good test for the chrome and pipe's quality to determine if discoloration occurs and the D&D's hold up fine. In addition, you'll shed quite a bit of weight with the D&D's and they will increase the A in A/F equation.

The D&D's present no interference with the factory saddlebags or Rivco passenger floorboards w/extenders. Again, the only drawback is the naked appearance on the left side.

As far as performance, D&D’s + K&N’s + Tuneboy and you’re looking at perhaps… another 10-12% potential. Without significant internal modifications… piston, rod, crank, cams, cylinder heads that are not readily available, most have looked at a forced induction system in order to get significant power gains from the stock Rocket engine. Good thing it starts out with 140hp!

A little story regarding my first ride after installing the D&D's. I realized that fuel enrichment (via Tuneboy) would be necessary after installing my D&D's, but couldn't resist taking the bike for a quick spin after bolting on the new pipes and liking the sound.
After a quick run down the highway and about 5 miles, I pulled back into the garage and the D&D's were smoking. Apparently, I had caught the insulating material within the pipes on fire from the original lean factory tune along with the added airflow from the D&D's. The Rocket's a good test for the chrome and pipe's quality to determine if discoloration occurs and the D&D's hold up fine. In addition, you'll shed quite a bit of weight with the D&D's and they will increase the A in A/F equation.

The D&D's present no interference with the factory saddlebags or Rivco passenger floorboards w/extenders. Again, the only drawback is the naked appearance on the left side.

As far as performance, D&D’s + K&N’s + Tuneboy and you’re looking at perhaps… another 10-12% potential. Without significant internal modifications… piston, rod, crank, cams, cylinder heads that are not readily available, most have looked at a forced induction system in order to get significant power gains from the stock Rocket engine. Good thing it starts out with 140hp!
They sure do smoke a bit when new ... I had the baffles out and can see why. They are wrapped in fiber glass and they evidently use some lube while pressing them in at the factory. It gets into the fiberglass and will burn for a short time when first run, especially when lean.
That's the other good thing about them, you can remove the baffles. I found the best sound by just pulling one and not both. If you want them really loud, pull out both of them .... sound is awsome ... but way too loud.

That's great guys. Just what I was looking for in the info department. No blue chrome, performance, but a Cessna 150................................:eek:. I had not considered the lack of the third pipe out the left side, hmmmmmmm:confused:. If they already think it's a six cylinder because it has three pipes, what would they ask if there were only two or would they be dumbfounded and just stare?

I had D&D's Josey, for about two years. I had no problems with them, had it dyno'd with no other mods and got 138 hp and 140 torque. I had a little blueing under one of the shields from the dyno but you really had to look for it.

That's great guys. Just what I was looking for in the info department. No blue chrome, performance, but a Cessna 150................................:eek:. I had not considered the lack of the third pipe out the left side, hmmmmmmm:confused:. If they already think it's a six cylinder because it has three pipes, what would they ask if there were only two or would they be dumbfounded and just stare?
Some just don't like the way the differential sticks out on the left when It's not covered by a pipe. But some don't care ... that part is all up to the owners preference. They do weigh alot less than stock or Tor's.

The Cessna thing .... you would have to hear one up close or be inside one to know what I'm referring to, but you heard one, you've heard the other. lol

OHHHHH, forgot something, D&D originally sent me two upper pipes by error. So my first set looked awesome, they were both the same length. They just wouldn't bolt together since the tang on them both pointed down. I liked them the best.
They sent me a replacement at no charge so then I had two sets. I saw that as good customer service to just send out another set like that.

Back