Cyl readings from tune ecu

kblahetka

Supercharged
Ride
2005 r3
At idle all my 3 of my cylenders are a little off from each other. Is this normal, if not how do I correct it? Does tune ecu have a way to sync the throttle bodies?

they all seem to fluctuate a bit but stay within 10 of eachother. I just read another post where that seems to be normal an ok.

On the two little screws between the throttle bodies, a bit of a pain to get to. not tried it yet as I am in process of swapping cam chain, but looks like the only access is with the air intake pipework removed!

Pierre

What Pierre said.. except you have to remove all of the intake plumbing to get to the two little screws that balance the throttle openings. What happens is the center throttle body is set by the idle screw. The other 2 throttle bodies are 'synched' to match the center throttle body by adjusting these 2 little screws.

Removing all the plumbing is one reason some people go with triple filters.. lol. I always think about going that route, but alas.. I still have all of the intake plumbing.. :rolleyes:

I think your readings look great and if it's running good, I wouldn't mess with those numbers. If the numbers were really far off, you would already know it was running like crap before looking at TuneECU.

Ok the big question
Where did the readings come from???? there is only one pressure sensor and its linked to all three cylinders by three little pipes (linked together) so how the hell does Tuneecu know what the individual reading are???? I'm tempted to plug 3 gauges in and measure them with a calibrated gauge set.

I'm a Instrumentation/control eng so a nice technical explanation would be ok!

Pierre

There was a good discussion on this over at the dot com site that helped a little. I think it was Warp that was using vacuum gauges to adjust his...

Ok the big question
Where did the readings come from???? there is only one pressure sensor and its linked to all three cylinders by three little pipes (linked together) so how the hell does Tuneecu know what the individual reading are???? I'm tempted to plug 3 gauges in and measure them with a calibrated gauge set.

I'm a Instrumentation/control eng so a nice technical explanation would be ok!

Pierre
Same way tune boy and the ecu knows, it uses the crank sensor to know which piston is BDC in the cycle

Back