Prestaged

Supercharged
Ride
2008 R3T
This forum was mentioned in the recent (December) edition of Cycle World on page 56 in the "Service Section." A R3T rider wrote in asking if there was any way to reduce the heat coming from the exhaust of his bike. The answer begins "You are aware that you chose a bike with a monster 2,300 cc engine as its central feature?" The answer also refers the captain to the following link: r3owners.net/threads/r3t-derestricting.16023/.

Thought that was kinda neat.

You know, I was concerned about that issue but I can't say I have ever really noticed it being that bad. Much to do about nothing. It never ever compared to my Fatboy for being hot.

You know, I was concerned about that issue but I can't say I have ever really noticed it being that bad. Much to do about nothing. It never ever compared to my Fatboy for being hot.

It's never been that big of a deal to me, even when riding down here in the summer.

The bikes come from the factory with lean tunes in them which is what makes the heat. Propper Air/Fuel Ratios will eliminate all that heat on the right leg. Retuning the Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) a little richer with a revised tune with TuneECU or TuneBoy or a piggyback tuner like Dobeck Performance AFR Plus or Power Commander V will completely eliminate the heat and provide an increase in horse power and torque, and improve fuel economy.

The bikes come from the factory with lean tunes in them which is what makes the heat. Propper Air/Fuel Ratios will eliminate all that heat on the right leg. Retuning the Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) a little richer with a revised tune with TuneECU or TuneBoy or a piggyback tuner like Dobeck Performance AFR Plus or Power Commander V will completely eliminate the heat and provide an increase in horse power and torque, and improve fuel economy.

Bill,
My R3R is Dyno'd to 160 hp with CES & RamAir. At 25 mpg on my last trip to Texas, believe me it runs plenty rich and still the hottest engine I've ever straddled.

This forum was mentioned in the recent (December) edition of Cycle World on page 56 in the "Service Section." A R3T rider wrote in asking if there was any way to reduce the heat coming from the exhaust of his bike. The answer begins "You are aware that you chose a bike with a monster 2,300 cc engine as its central feature?" The answer also refers the captain to the following link: r3owners.net/threads/r3t-derestricting.16023/.

Thought that was kinda neat.
YEP I never found the stock Rocket to be too hot t
YES the HARLEYS are much hotter

I don't give a rats ass how hot a Harley gets since I don't own one but I do know that a RT3 gets too hot on the right side when in traffic here in Vegas any time its 100 degrees or more. My pipes are wrapped behind the heat shields and that helps some. No problem with heat if the bike is moving along but sitting in traffic its hot. I love the guys comment about choosing a bike with a monster engine, what do you expect. I agree with him, its gonna put out more heat than most, just the way it is. My v8 bikes put out less heat than the Rocket in traffic but they have larger radiators. The V8 Chopper is usually 170 degrees and the Boss Hoss runs 180 degrees.

Back