custom wheels and stuff!

honeybadger

Standard Bore
after years of riding sports bikes i finally gave in to the ageing process and an ongoing spinal injury and bought myself a rocket.
my mate rides a road king and i run rings round him in every aspect of riding, this he says is an acceptable loss as he says his harley looks better with all its accessories.
and it pains me to admit it but he's right!
as much as i love my rocket i have to concede to the fact that there is so much more you can do to personalise a harley.
the first thing i'd like to replace are the boring standard wheels with something a little less conservative, so do any of you uk members have any suggestions or know of any alternatives?
i'll also over the course of the next few years be transforming the look of my rocket to a streetfighter, cutting down the mudguards and streamlining etc.
so any other tips would be more than welcome

Hello Honeybadger - welcome to the forum.

A few blokes in the UK are Streetfightering their RIII's - here's mine.....

http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

Just needs some imagination and quite a few ££££££ :lol:

message 1

cheers grey wolf......and don't worry i'll never go over to the dark side (meaning to buy a roadking) lol

message 2

now that's exactly what i have in mind owl.......it looks awsome......looking forward to seeing pics of it with the rearsets fitted

hi aquilla and thanks for the link

obviously a lot of the detail on the wheels will be lost due to the size of the rockets discs, but some of those examples will look stunning on the bike...i've emailed them already!...cheers buddy

Honeybadger, welcome to this great forum.
Yes it sucks there is not a lot of after market stuff made for the Rocket, but Triumph mad odd sizing.
like my forks I found some cool signal lights for my Rocket from Revzilla and the biggest size is 56mm and triumph forks is 59.9mm so I cant use them:( and you cant buy all these cool after market rims
because Triumph put a odd size, not sure why but it does suck.

oh yeah lol . when I get the post Last week most popular topics it was on so never looked at date assuming it was new:)

Back