Custom tune and ECU compatibility

RockyIII

Supercharged
Hi,

I'm curious to know if there may be a compatibility issue with some custom tunes that use a 2007 base map such as 20222, 20227, 20226, 20228 etc. when downloaded onto a 2006 model ECU where the original base maps are 20050-20055.

I say this, because all the custom maps that I've tried on my 2006 with base maps from 2007 cause high hanging high rev problems when riding along. The engine hangs around 1800 rpm or so in idle and when riding along and stay high when moving in 2nd gear and sometimes takes ages to settle or doesn't at all.

Now, when I use the custom tunes with a base map from 2006 like 20050 tunes, I don't have any problems whatsoever.

It kind of leads me to believe that there is some compatibility issue. If that's the case, can I just copy the tables from one tune (20222) and paste over into a 2006 base map (20050).

I know it might sound strange, but it's the only reason I can think of for the high revving in 1st and 2nd gear and not settling down to normal idle when coming to a stand still.

Unless anyone can chime in with another reason, cheers all.:)

so you have figured out how toconvert .hex files into useable tunes how did you do it cause I having one hell of a time trying

Have you done the reset TSP with the key? Key off then on for ten seconxz the off then back on. Start the bike with out touching the throtel until the TPS incicator in Tune ECU TURNS GREEN.

Hi Lester, when the download completes, the bike resets itself. Then I turn the key to off position for 10 seconds then back on. Wait for tuneecu to conect again and then do reset adaptation from the menu at the top of the page. The I turn off again for 10 secs and then back on. Tuneecu reconects again and the TPS light turns green.

Is this procedure ok, as the TPS light turns green in this way.

On the high rev issue with some tunes, I was thinking it could be over fueling or something as I just have the OEM filter in place, but could that cause the engine to over rev and not settle down?

Back