Custom-Sculpt Chin Spoiler

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
DSC06404.JPG
DSC06407.JPG
Well I just received my Chin Spoiler from Chris of custom-sculpt and I'm impressed. Stainless steel brackets and quality fiberglass. Self locking fasteners which are rubber mounted to isolate the chin piece. The colour is gloss black and the finish is high quality. Should be easy to paint phantom black if need be.

I can hardly wait to see it on my new Roadster.... if winter ever lets up that is. I purchased the bike in November and haven't even seen it yet since the dealership is 10 hours away. Maybe this month I'll take a ride down.

I included a picture of my America with OEM Chin Spoiler made of ABS plastic. Cost me over $200 bucks without shipping. This cost me the same including shipping. Good deal!!

Thanks Chris for a quality product...highly recommended.
DSC044711.jpg

DSC06392.JPG
DSC06394.JPG

The top slot can be a bit close to the water hose - file a good clearance. But it will keep the engine free of muck. very happy with mine too.

Looks good, does anyone have a picture of a chin spoiler on a R3T?

DSC06404.JPG
DSC06407.JPG
Well I just received my Chin Spoiler from Chris of custom-sculpt and I'm impressed. Stainless steel brackets and quality fiberglass. Self locking fasteners which are rubber mounted to isolate the chin piece. The colour is gloss black and the finish is high quality. Should be easy to paint phantom black if need be.

I can hardly wait to see it on my new Roadster.... if winter ever lets up that is. I purchased the bike in November and haven't even seen it yet since the dealership is 10 hours away. Maybe this month I'll take a ride down.

I included a picture of my America with OEM Chin Spoiler made of ABS plastic. Cost me over $200 bucks without shipping. This cost me the same including shipping. Good deal!!

Thanks Chris for a quality product...highly recommended.
DSC044711.jpg

DSC06392.JPG
DSC06394.JPG
I would like to order one....What's the cost and lead time?...thanks, Larry

1photo 1.JPG
I love mine. Had it on my R3R for almost all of my 23,000 miles. I would caution you about the brackets though. I believe they are aluminum, not stainless. I suspect this because my brackets broke at about the 15000K mile point. I suspect from the vibration and flexing due to constant wind. It actually broke off on a freeway interchange while I was stuck in traffic going about 5 mph. That was lucky. As soon as I heard something dragging, I stopped, figured out it was the chin spoiler and yanked it off the other mount with not much convincing. I stuck it in my saddle bag and took it home.

I suggest you do what I did and get some steel straps, use the original backets as templates, and cut you some stronger brackets. Go ahead and paint them while you're at it. You will have to attach the brackets to the spoiler with nuts and the original bolts then mount it on the bike. The original has nuts built into the strap, so it wasn't necessary. I'd suggest making new brackets now since once they break, they are much more dificult to be used as templates.

I happend to have some angled brackets that I pounded flat and drilled holes, but if I were to do it again, I'd go get 1/32" sheet and cut them out.

Last edited:
I would like to order one....What's the cost and lead time?...thanks, Larry

You would have to contact Chris at Custom-Sculpt for a price. I paid 130 British pounds for it which included shipping to Canada. Shipping to your location might be less or more??? Contact him at Chris@custom-sculpt.com It took around 3 weeks to receive the part.

Concerning the brackets, they are advertised as being polished stainless. Maybe I'll make a template of each bracket for future use if needed. Thanks for the heads up Vinkster.

1photo 1.JPG
I love mine. Had it on my R3R for almost all of my 23000K miles. I would caution you about the brackets though. I believe they are aluminum, not stainless. I suspect this because my brackets broke at about the 15000K mile point. I suspect from the vibration and flexing due to constant wind. It actually broke off on a freeway interchange while I was stuck in traffic going about 5 mph. That was lucky. As soon as I heard something dragging, I stopped, figured out it was the chin spoiler and yanked it off the other mount with not much convincing. I stuck it in my saddle bag and took it home.

I suggest you do what I did and get some steel straps, use the original backets as templates, and cut you some stronger brackets. Go ahead and paint them while you're at it. You will have to attach the brackets to the spoiler with nuts and the original bolts then mount it on the bike. The original has nuts built into the strap, so it wasn't necessary. I'd suggest making new brackets now since once they break, they are much more dificult to be used as templates.

I happend to have some angled brackets that I pounded flat and drilled holes, but if I were to do it again, I'd go get 1/32" sheet and cut them out.

Lucky you .. 5mph .. could have been really dangerous at highway pace. Aluminium is good for soft drink cans not motorcycle bracketry I reckon. Steel is the way to go.

1photo 1.JPG
I love mine. Had it on my R3R for almost all of my 23000K miles. I would caution you about the brackets though. I believe they are aluminum, not stainless.
Mine are 100% Stainless. No doubt at all.

BUT stainless steel is NOT particularly fond of vibration and stress flexing either. Make sure you pre form the brackets to your bike with a bit of TLC - Then then bake them and allow to cool slowly to stress relieve.

The ideal would be spring steel. But that would rust faster. And Chris is in the UK where salt damage reigns king.

You would have to contact Chris at Custom-Sculpt for a price. I paid 130 British pounds for it which included shipping to Canada. Shipping to your location might be less or more??? Contact him at Chris@custom-sculpt.com It took around 3 weeks to receive the part.

Concerning the brackets, they are advertised as being polished stainless. Maybe I'll make a template of each bracket for future use if needed. Thanks for the heads up Vinkster.
Thanks for the info....I'm going to shoot him and email ...Larry P.

Hi Vinkster,
The brackets I supply have always been made from stainless . . .did you definately get it from me as I know someone else was making the belly pans also ( more expensive than mine .) This is the first time of heard of anyone having any sort of problem with one . . If you want to drop me a mail at chris@customsculpt.com , I'll happily send you some replacement brackets.
Regards
Chris
www.custom-sculpt.com

Back