frankensteinIII

.020 Over
Hi Everybody,

I am looking to have a custom saddle made. The problem is that both the Triumph standard and touring saddles push me forward (maybe because of my big butt?!). Aside from the developing pressure points on that butt... my "boys" get pressed up against the tank! LOL During a long haul, that can get uncomfortable.

I'm looking into Billy Mayer saddles.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
FrankensteainIII

I just ordered a RICK Mayer seat. Link Removed His appear to be fashioned more after the Day-Long seats but without the internal solid structures. My concern with the Russell seat is that my weight will eventually dislodge the "wing" structures. An all-foam solution like the Mayer seat would be less prone to failure, not that I've heard of any Russell failures.

I don't know if there is any connection with Billy Mayer.

saddle sore

I put 7000 bone and butt killing miles on my r3 and got to the point the stock seat was on;y good for 40 to 50 miles before I wanted off. I put on a new DAY LONG and did a 900 mile weekend and felt like a kid again.spend the money. wish I did it when I first got the bike..ride safe.

I think BoogerDave also has a Russell, he'll probably chip in with some insights shortly.

Dennis

111 dtg Dubai
112 dtg Home

Russel Daylong offers an integrated rider backrest option. It's price is, I believe, comparable to an OEM integrated backrest.

My quick comparison arrived at a very similar price for an all leather from both.

The major difference is in the "wing" structure of the Russel Daylong; and worth the small difference, IMHO. These spring supported horizontal structuring will no doubt broaden weight distribution and relieve center point pressure. Tdrager, I can't imagine your body mass causing a breakdown in the wings; maybe in 20 years:D

The variations with the Russel Daylong include either leather or velour inserts along with vinyl. As soon as I get my Obamanation bail-out check I'm ordering a Russel Daylong, with integrated backrest.

Last edited:
Yep . . I can swear by the seat. I REALLY like it. They actually change the foam to a different type for us larger folks . . took about 500-1000 miles to really break it in but now, I have absolutely no complaints, wifey likes it too.

I actually used the Triumph seat with the backrest as a starting frame for the seat, They used my backrest mount . . didnt even send the backrest in and it worked out perfectly. I did the vinyl seat and it matched the backrest.

Hi Everybody,

I am looking to have a custom saddle made. The problem is that both the Triumph standard and touring saddles push me forward (maybe because of my big butt?!). Aside from the developing pressure points on that butt... my "boys" get pressed up against the tank! LOL During a long haul, that can get uncomfortable.

I'm looking into Billy Mayer saddles.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
FrankensteainIII
theres a possibility i could make you a seat, as i did for my rocket.

heres one i did earler

Last edited:
Back