No, never tried anything like that,
have you?
Got any experience with carbon fiber?
There's a guy already makes them ya know,
I think he's a member of this site as well as the other one.

I did watch a show where they were making carbon fiber parts for F1 ... they had vacuum bags (big ones), hydraulic presses, hydraulic stamping machines and very big ovens. Not sure I could do it with the wife's vacuum bagger, shears and the kitchen stove.
But if that's all it takes ... more power to ya! Show me how.

I was watching some stuff on YouTube of people making parts using shop Vacs to mold the part
Just curious if someone else tried.

Who is the Guy on here that makes them?
Everything I have found is UK or AUS

I made carbon fiber parts for the Gulf Stream IV back in the late 80's. It is quite a process and not for the faint of heart. In a clean room, a mold, to apply the 3 or more layers of CF applied at 90 deg to each other. Bagged in a vacuum and cooked in a pressure oven called an Autoclave for about 18hrs. Un bag and trim excess resin. We did that in a special room, tapped paper suits with air fed masks and diamond coated routers. The chips/smoke was sucked through a water filtered exhaust system. It was said the the chips/smoke had similar effects to electric motors as that of a Nuke pulse. We made the 1st CF mast for a boat competing in the America's cup.

Member dublflush was making claw covers and side covers out of CF.

I think this is his site:

Link Removed

also edelsthal v4a sell bear claw regular model $ 110 and vented model $150 you must order in Czechoslovakian or German I believe

Back