Crossover pipe Manufacturer?

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this crossover pipe from the picture.
what I know about it is, that it came from Australia and its stainless steel. I‘m just curious.
B5E4C0A4-B98A-44C2-A511-1E806DEBCB24.jpeg

eBay is your friend.

1600413217161.png

He makes single muffler R3Touring slipons, R3 systems and R3 3 pipe crossovers as well besides many other makes / models

1600412969353.png

1600413073944.png
1600413094153.png
1600413112863.png

As does Viking Exhaust, except with tidy welds.

IMG_1910B.jpg

Single Slip on Silencer kit.

4.jpg

Twin muffler slip on kit.

3B.jpg

Custom Builds.

B.jpg

Along with many other systems.
Ok Paul a quick suggestion. If you were to perch so pretty Female (have to be specific nowadays) on them bikes that was sparsely dressed it would be easier to compare the smooth quality of the welds. :D
Just a idea !!!

Undercut, Stops and starts are uneven, cold roll. bug hole on stops, Very uneven heat and rod control resulting in uneven ripples and leg of weld. Overall stick to exhaust. Will it work yes. Would I buy it no. Did buy a complete Three into one a few years back from Paul and have no regrets.

Undercut, Stops and starts are uneven, cold roll. bug hole on stops, Very uneven heat and rod control resulting in uneven ripples and leg of weld. Overall stick to exhaust. Will it work yes. Would I buy it no. Did buy a complete Three into one a few years back from Paul and have no regrets.
Interesting Sonny, I often look at welds and think "how rough"
Like you say, stops and starts not very smooth at all.
When I was doing a lot of Stainless sheet metal work (1mm sheet) I learnt very quickly that all components had to match perfectly, this then allowed me to make a nice clean weld with minimal, if any filler rod.
With my work today, I make all components fit together nicely, then lay in a nice weld.
The cleaning up is minimal, easy and results in a nice finish.

Not including the pipe to the flange joint, there are 6 welds in this photo below.

IMG_1159.JPG

Last edited:
In my trade we have to add rod in order to get penetration. Aircraft parts do not get the welds ground. They do get pressures tested dye penetration test and a visual inspection Out side and inside. Penetration can not exceed thickness of material. Military parts can even have stricter requirements. To grind a weld completely off and still have the part stay together is a art. This sir is why i bought your pipes.

Not including the pipe to the flange joint, there is 6 welds in this photo below.
But :eek: - I think I see a slightly necked bend. Worlds collide! - panic!. :whitstling:;)

Oh!, and Mr B- Tsk!, sir. Tsk!. There ARE 6 welds. Please. That or I will need to call the official grammar pedant to the fore!. @idk - OOps! - I did!

Last edited:
In my trade we have to add rod in order to get penetration. Aircraft parts do not get the welds ground. They do get pressures tested dye penetration test and a visual inspection Out side and inside. Penetration can not exceed thickness of material. Military parts can even have stricter requirements. To grind a weld completely off and still have the part stay together is a art. This sir is why i bought your pipes.

Yes Sonny, I was told many years ago by an experienced, qualified specialized welder from Austria that grinding the weld weakens its integrity.
I consider this when grinding my welds, hence matching the components, laying in a minimal, nice weld, then just licking it to make it aesthetically pleasing.

I was also told that if you have to grind the welds to make them look good, then you are not a welder, you are a grinder :oops:

Back