You will either end up with a good helmet, or a bad helmet, or no helmet at all. Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances. How important is $300 to you at this time?

Michael take into consideration while this is a cool new helmet... If you do anything that requires a replacement part, it will be hell. That visor for example because it can be darkened with the push of a button, if it got scratched or dropped by mistake.. how much would a new one cost? Where can you pick up a replacement? How soon? I personally would not purchase a helmet that I can't try on my head first...

Other then that, unless you see it in person you don't know how "Cheap" that helmet is.. for $300 bucks it seems too low of a price compared to some of the other helmets out there with similar technology, usually upwards of $700 or more.

Either way if you do decide to get something like that, I'd love to hear your review!!

The helmet is $1500 US man. The $300 is to hold the special discount so that you only need to pay an additional $750 when they are available in December.

The helmet is $1500 US man. The $300 is to hold the special discount so that you only need to pay an additional $750 when they are available in December.

Awww hell no... Unless you are literally have 10's of thousands in the bank and this is pennies for you, I wouldn't touch a helmet like that. Helmets get worn out, they expire after a few years... Something like this is gauranteed to get dropped, scratched... then your toast.

But then again if you have the money, who am I to say, I am just a po boy living in a barn house!

Michael take into consideration while this is a cool new helmet... If you do anything that requires a replacement part, it will be hell. That visor for example because it can be darkened with the push of a button, if it got scratched or dropped by mistake.. how much would a new one cost? Where can you pick up a replacement? How soon? I personally would not purchase a helmet that I can't try on my head first...

Other then that, unless you see it in person you don't know how "Cheap" that helmet is.. for $300 bucks it seems too low of a price compared to some of the other helmets out there with similar technology, usually upwards of $700 or more.

Either way if you do decide to get something like that, I'd love to hear your review!!
Ricochet makes and excellent point...I bought a new visor/faceshield for my Shuburth incredibly expensive helmet yesterday and about craped my pants...$80.00 bucks for a visor? I went in there thinking "this is going to be a $30.00 item. That will teach me to be more careful with it thats for sure. After looking at the website I have to question the real value of all that technology...cool? Sure. Useful? maybe not so much. Everything happens so fast at highway speed and I wonder if you can really utilize, process, or react to any of the given information quickly enough to make it matter.

I have decided there are really only 4 things I want out of my helmet besides the obvious "Protection" 1. comfort 2. good visibility 3. airflow when wanted 4. music!

If you do buy it please give us a detailed view/opinion on it ASAP, it amazes me how some one will spend over a thousand dollars for an after market exhaust just to try and sound cool or pay $6.00 for a cup of coffee and even $3 for a bottle of water but when it comes to safety will scrimp and save every penny they can.
Now myself I have never paid more than $400 for a helmet but I do get some good discounts with being a MSF RiderCoach.

Does anyone know if this is a good idea to get on the initial buy for these. They are expensive but I like the safety features as well.

Home - Intelligent Cranium Helmets

Should I drop $300 now? Thoughts?

Dang, I got dizzy just watching the video. :eek:

I must admit that it is a VERY interesting concept there Mr. Plisken. I sent them a email requesting information on sizes. I have a rather large and funny shaped head. @scot in exile shut up Dave.

I almost think that it would be worth the extra $$$$ to wait and get a known quantity than risking the money up front, but then I ain't much of a gambler.

Last edited:
My schuberth c3 cost £400 (the least expensive version), the bluetooth collar cost £280 & a tinted visor cost £70...thats £750 or $970.
That helmet looks great but if its $1500 then here in the UK we will need to pay import tax of 20% thats another $300 so total $1800 plus shipping on top so £1400 plus shipping.
If it were sold in the UK then 1 dollar usually = 1 pound so £1500.

It looks like a fantastic helmet & i would love one but too expensive for me....dont get me wrong if i had lots of money i would get one 100% if it was a flip up front & if i had even more money i would get one even without the flip front but i would want to try it on first.

But if you have the cash then enjoy....thats what cash is for.
Cheers.

Back