Lifelong Biker

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III roadster 2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
Just installed my Christmas present!! Got a set of dresser / crash bars, they only come in chrome. Had them black powder coated and just installed them on Roadster. Seemed kinda crazy to take brand new perfect high quality chrome, and blast it and coat it. But i didn't want them to stand out!

Attachments

• Crash Bars 002.jpg
    Crash Bars 002.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Crash Bars 003.jpg
    Crash Bars 003.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Crash Bars 006.jpg
    Crash Bars 006.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 445
I take it you unwrapped your present before xmas morning .. that's a big no-no .. be socks and jocks for you next year mate :D they look great black.

Being chrome they'd just need scuffing up with a brillo type pad , really don't need blasting... shouldn't pay anymore than $50 -$75 max. I've had a lot of powdercoating done over the years. If they try to charge you anymore than that.... look elsewhere mate.

I paid $50 for both sides. They did a great job, nice guy handled them at Hayward Corp in North Arlington NJ ( He was into bikes and had a custom of his own ) Quick turn around. Even with the holidays I had them back in 2 weeks. Easy to mount, just put floor jack with wood under engine to take pressure off engine mount bolt.

Back