Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I just put the bike back together . Started it up and it really sounds great. The weather gods are suppose to be good to us tomorrow so I'll give it a road test.
I was really impressed with how the bike was put together >>>That is except the mirrors. I have never seen such a after thought on such a minor item. I could not get them to tighten. Figured I would slip in a couple of 10 mm threaded inserts . No go the hole is way to big. I drilled in a couple of small holes for set screws. They have one on the radiator cap but not here >>>Go figure
The only reason I can figure for this night mare , is the British trying to get back at us for the battle of New Orleans. They have long memories on that side of the pond.
Now to the point. What can I replace them with . Prefer rectangle to the round for better field of vision.

Drilling holes to insert screws! Yikes!! Did you try a hex key? Sorry, hex keys - why the f*** are they different sizes?????????

You can get Triumph oval and tear drop or do a search - plenty to choose from, just make sure they are suitable for a Rocket (some need adapters). I went with the Triumph oval ones; they have dramatically cut down the blind spot and much better in traffic.

Micksan here is a post of the Kuryakin Ellipse mirror install that Pig9r did awhile back. I installed the same ones on my Rocket before I sold it in April this year...I got the convex ones.

The install was pretty easy and the mirrors worked great and looked great.

http://www.r3owners.net/custom-mods/263-kuryakyn-ellipse-mirror-install.html

Hopefully that will help with these type of mirrors anyway.

Dennis

In Dubai
1 dtg London
3 dtg Ace Motorcycle Cafe

54 dtg Dubai
55 dtg Home (Thunderbird time and, hopefully, R3T ordering time)

I installed the teardrop Triumph mirrors and they hold fine. I don't remember without looking, but isn't there a spacer under to help draw it in tight? Not sure. Getr back to you on this.

harley mirrors

from the moment i bought the bike i hated the triumph mirrors!
they were like looking into a fun house mirror all distorted.
i bought a nice set of rectangular long stem harley mirrors.
about 60.00 dollars nice clear vision.
the only mod i had to do is use a small piece of clear tubing
to make up the difference in shaft size,
shaft go's clear through and bolts from the bottom.
nice and easy:)

you can use Yamaha mirrors on the triumph stems. they use the same l/r theards that triumph uses. I have bigger Yamaha mirrors on my rocket but when I go over a ton they fold back. thats my speed indicator

Back