Crankcase Vent pickle

Plow Horse

Supercharged
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster (Edsel)
Need a bit of advise/help. Took out the Tupperware and installed K&N filters today. Lengthened the IAT sensor wire and put the sensor in a K&N 62-1560 filter. Remapped the ECU with one of Hanso‘s tune. And all is great. Except that GD Crankcase vent :mad: got the original hose to pop off with the aid of a screwdriver. I have a K&N 62-1340 to put on the spigot but.
1. I can NOT get my hand in there and
2. The filter appears to be too tall to fit in the location, top of the filter is hitting the bottom of the air box so I can’t lift it high enough to get it on the spigot. Do I have the wrong filter?

Last edited:
Need a bit of advise/help. Took out the Tupperware and installed K&N filters today. Lengthened the IAT sensor wire and put the sensor in a K&N 62-1560 filter. Remapped the ECU with one of Hanso‘s tune. And all is great. Except that GD Crankcase vent :mad: got the original hose to pop off with the aid of a screwdriver. I have a K&N 62-1340 to put on the spigot but.
1. I can get my hand in there and
2. The filter appears to be too tall to fit in the location, top of the filter is hitting the bottom of the air box so I can’t lift it high enough to get it on the spigot. Do I have the wrong filter?
Mine did the same I wiggled it on an angle with long nose pliers. Once it is over the spigot it is not too Long anymore. Just be patient and it will fit

I ran a longer piece of hose on mine and actually put the filter up under the rear of the tank. Allows it to breath, gives more hose to allow the oil particles to collect and settle back down without soaking the cotton filter, and makes it easier to get to.
Do you remember what diameter hose you used?

Here's Sony's thread:

Success got that little SOB on there. I’ll do a relocate another day.
I had stopped at OReilly’s and picked up some hose and clamps. Got to the garage took off seat removed bear claw, lifted the seat took off the infill plate and realized I needed a barb for the hose. Project for another day

Back