couple of small questions after fitting PCV with autotune

El Bruto

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 2005/6 modifed!!!!
Ok.. so fitted a PCV and autotune today.., bike sounds great, much better than before although ive not ridden it yet.. BIG THANKS to Hans0 for all his help, advise and maps...

2 small issues...

I fitted the new O2 sensor that came with the auto tune.. but now I have an ecu fault code,
"P0031 oxygen sensor heater short circuit to ground or open circuit"
I'm guessing thats to do with the old O2 sensor plug being left disconnected?.. if so whats the answer?

Ive read about O2 blanking plugs.. I'm guessing this is what I need... but has anyone used one? is it just a resistor between the 2 pins? if so, anyone know the resistance.. is it the same as what I would get if I read across the pins of the old O2 sensor?

2nd issue.. in PCV software at the bottom on right there is a light that I guess should be lit up.. it indicates that Auto tune is running, Its not lit..

Cant wait to get out on it tomorrow, so if there is an easy answer to these two I would appreciate it..

Best regards
gary

Last edited:
Didn't the PCV come with a white O2 controller plug? If so, put it in the connection to the ECU where the stock O2 was connected. If not, uncheck the O2 box in TuneECU. You'll either have to read the tune in the ECU or if you have it stored, uncheck the box in that and load it into the ECU.

No, didn't come with a plug, I bought it privately off a guy on here...,

So if I uncheck the o2 in tuneECU that will sort it? I don't need to buy one of the eliminator plugs and the PCV/autotune will still work fine?

No, didn't come with a plug, I bought it privately off a guy on here...,

So if I uncheck the o2 in tuneECU that will sort it? I don't need to buy one of the eliminator plugs and the PCV/autotune will still work fine?
In checking the box should do the same thing as the plug.

In checking the box should do the same thing as the plug.
If you have used the white controller plug that's good. Follow the o2 sensor lead down to the exhaust and you will see where it enters the exhaust...get yourself a 12mm bung and unscrew the lead and put the bung in the exhaust...you wont be needing the o2 sensor lead as its not connected at the top anymore and is just sitting there.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2
Back