Couple of Questions

rayjay

Nitrous
Ride
2012 roadster
Gentlemen
As most of you know i have a Rocket Standard and i kinda remember reading a post a
while back
Where somebody had or was going to change the footpegs and gear lever and rear brake for those from a Roadster to alter the riding position.
Can anyone tell me how difficult this is to do and what i would need to do it.
And did it make a big differance also are the handlebars the same for both bikes
Getting a bit older and being a short arse it's a stretch sometimes more so when it's windy.:(
Thanks in advance
Ray

Ray, just put running boards on,
and yes both handlebars are 1", same as harley bars.
I've got Road King bars on mine.
Much more comfortable, along with 5 inch risers that are also 5" back.
again, they use to be harley parts, now they're Rocket parts.;)

Ray, reasonably easy .. but expensive if you intend to buy the Roadster parts. I think i was quoted $2,300 AUD for all the parts. Maybe consider doing what im going to do... find a compitent fabricator and have them move the pegs back on the Standard footpeg rails.

Saw a Rocket recently (at Cobba's - RIP - funeral) where the pegs had been moved forward by moving the whole rail set up forward on new fabricated mounting plates. There seems less scope to do the reverse and move them back but it could be worth having a look to see what could be done with a little imagination. And you mightn't need any new parts or major fabrication work. You could even move them up or down with a new mount at one end and modified holes at the other. Just a thought.

Thanks for your input gentlemen i kinda wanted to put the Triumph parts on it.
But they sound expensive i will do the conversion on the price that TC was quoted
and see what that works out in Pounds.
I have no intention of selling my little girl so i guess spending some money on her won't hurt me
Thanks once again

Ray

Ray, reasonably easy .. but expensive if you intend to buy the Roadster parts. I think i was quoted $2,300 AUD for all the parts. Maybe consider doing what im going to do... find a compitent fabricator and have them move the pegs back on the Standard footpeg rails.

As far as i can make out that converts to £1474 which is expensive :eek:
I have an independent Triumph guy who takes care of the bike for me and knows his stuff..looks like i will be buying him lunch

Ray

As far as i can make out that converts to £1474 which is expensive :eek:
I have an independent Triumph guy who takes care of the bike for me and knows his stuff..looks like i will be buying him lunch

I was stunned by how much they wanted for the parts. Did consider putting in the difference when they repaired my bike after the crash, but couldn't justify the expense. Me and Big Marty considered swapping over our pegs (he has a Roadster) but his ABS was a concern, otherwise it seemed like a pretty easy swap.

Back