Paul Jacobs

Bald is best
Hi all, I recently bought a Corbin touring seat for my Roadster off Gumtree which is in excellent condition, however it did not come with the Bracket that holds the seat in place.

I rang the nice people at Corbin for a replacement which I was more than happy to pay for.They said as I was not the original owner they would not supply one.

My view on this business model does not need airing here, safe to say, I think it sucks.

My question is, is there anyone local to me in Queensland that might let me have a lend of one to copy or alternatively some one who could take some measurements and send them on to me so I can make one. up.

Thanks.

Is this the part u need? If so, let me see what I can do...

corbin.jpg

Guys, buy a stock seat pin with rubber washer. Install the pin in the lock, now put o piece of glazing compound( or other sticky clay) on top of the installed pin. Put the seat in place, sit on the seat. Your new pin is now stuck to the seat pan. Put key in the seat lock and turn, carefully remove seat, if you are lucky all the clay has squeezed out. Mark where the mounting holes are,drill and install pin to seat pan using Pop rivets and u are done. You may find that all the clay has flattens, in which case you will need a shim of that thickness, between the pin and pan. The seat pan actually has a perch where the pin will go, like it was made to use the stock pin, but Corbin in all their wisdom decided to use the most butt ugly method, imho. My bracket was black . I can't even imagine how a yellow bracket would look.

Guys, buy a stock seat pin with rubber washer. Install the pin in the lock, now put o piece of glazing compound( or other sticky clay) on top of the installed pin. Put the seat in place, sit on the seat. Your new pin is now stuck to the seat pan. Put key in the seat lock and turn, carefully remove seat, if you are lucky all the clay has squeezed out. Mark where the mounting holes are,drill and install pin to seat pan using Pop rivets and u are done. You may find that all the clay has flattens, in which case you will need a shim of that thickness, between the pin and pan. The seat pan actually has a perch where the pin will go, like it was made to use the stock pin, but Corbin in all their wisdom decided to use the most butt ugly method, imho. My bracket was black . I can't even imagine how a yellow bracket would look.
Thanks for the fitting tips I'm going to try that today. The yellow bracket is for display purpose only to make it stand out. My only concern is the seat I've bought has the heated seat wiring under the seat but I'll try the pin method from my original seat first. Thanks

Thanks for the fitting tips I'm going to try that today. The yellow bracket is for display purpose only to make it stand out. My only concern is the seat I've bought has the heated seat wiring under the seat but I'll try the pin method from my original seat first. Thanks

Paul,

So do you still want the bracket from Corbin? I set it up for you, just let me know if you still want one.

B

Hi Buck thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. I'm going to try Happyharry's idea first to see if I can use a standard seat pin as I have the heated system in the seat I intend to glue the pin on rather than risk hitting a wire. This will give me the flexibility of using the under seat storage created when removing the intake plumbing. Thanks again it great to have so much help when you encounter a problem

Paul this is the way I used a Standard seat pin so my seat still works as it did original, this setup works just fine, I have the Corbin bracket which you can have for cost of postage if you decide to go ahead but I will tell they do not line up properly and are a waste of time
IMG_1048.JPG

Back